Montgomery County to join MARCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I see that Montgomery County has an application before the FCC to modify their TRS. According to the attached document, they want to add frequencies at one site, and implement a new site in Germantown. However, the comments about MARCS and the fact that their pending application makes use of the emission designator of "20K0F1E." leads me to believe that some major changes are forthcoming.

73's

Ron

Attachments

• Montgomery County.pdf
    22.3 KB · Views: 185

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Thunderbolt said:
I see that Montgomery County has an application before the FCC to modify their TRS. According to the attached document, they want to add frequencies at one site, and implement a new site in Germantown. However, the comments about MARCS and the fact that their pending application makes use of the emission designator of "20K0F1E." leads me to believe that some major changes are forthcoming.

Doubtful on joining MARCS for other than interoperability from a system loading standpoint. Metro areas as a whole are not being added (for day to day ops) for that reason.

Montgomery County *is* making their system countywide, and rumors persist that they're going to add Dayton FD and PD to the county system and make it public safety only, and use the Dayton system for countywide local governemnt.

I also suspect they're planning ahead to make the system digital (hence the 20K0F1E designator); don't expect that to happen soon, though, as there are lots and lots of relatively new (non-digital) radios on the system.

Tom WA8PYR

acegta2002

Tom,
I couldn't figure how to quote, just the below paragraph, in the quote box so the answer is below your quoted post.

"Montgomery County *is* making their system countywide, and rumors persist that they're going to add Dayton FD and PD to the county system and make it public safety only, and use the Dayton system for countywide local governemnt."

Tom, you are correct that it is a rumor, only a rumor. Dayton PD is reprograming their radios and adding new talk groups on their system and adding county talkgroups to the city PD radios. Dayton is not going to the county system for primary. There are a few back ups groups incase the Dayton system were to crash.
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.