Montgomery County TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbud42010

i wanna know why i cant cant pick montgomery county TRS i can get 97% on the reception but its still all static i can pick it up better at 23% i dont understand WHY i got a pro-163 and i wanna smash this piece of crap on the ground its a brand new scanner i just want some help on this

cfr301

i wanna know why i cant cant pick montgomery county TRS i can get 97% on the reception but its still all static i can pick it up better at 23% i dont understand WHY i got a pro-163 and i wanna smash this piece of crap on the ground its a brand new scanner i just want some help on this
Are you close to a tower? If so it maybe OVER driving your radio. Set the Att. on that tower or frequency or TG depending on the system, see if that helps you.

bigbud42010

no i live in springfield the range for montgomery county towers is 25 miles i live wwithin the range and i have alot of problems picking them i can pick them up good on tower 868.2000 or 868.575 they come in good on these towers idk i just hate this stock antenna

fordcobra04

Premium Subscriber
I will say it again, It seems that you are just too far out to hear the system reliably. If you can hear it "fairly decent" on clear nights and not every night, then you are too far out... Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong...

If you want to hear them all the time, I suggest setting up an outdoor antenna...

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
That 25 miles radius is just a guide reference, it is not absolute. It does not take into consideration
terrain, objects or antenna placement and orientation. With an outdoor antenna placed reasonably high you
should hear them on a fairly consistent basis. If all you are using is a duckie or other handheld antenna
you can forget about consistent reception.

w8prr

Premium Subscriber
I live 25 miles north of Springfield and hear the system very well, with some multi path noise.

However, I use a Comtelco yagi and LMR 600 cale. The antenna make all the difference. Using Uniden 996 and 996XT.

Try to improve the signal getting to your radio

Rick W8PRR

WM8L

Hi Bud,

I live in Montgomery County and work in Hamilton Co. I have a Radio Shack Pro96 and also a PRO197 . I can hear Mont Co. clear down to West Chester and almost into Hamilton Co on both scanners. This is around 25 miles. Depending where your at in Springfield and your elevation you may or may not. The operating frequencies are pretty much line of sight. When I loose MCty is when I am going down hill on IR75 approaching Union Center which is around the 19 mile marker.

I don't know if Montgomery County has changed since I worked for them but they used to have repeaters located downtown Dayton and 4 in the out lying areas. I have not tried going east and checking coverage.

If you have access to another scanner you might try it at your location.

Terry

bigbud42010

Wow That's Weird Cause I Live In A Building ON The Second Floor. But I Think It's Just Overloading Cause I Get The Control Channel Fine It's Just The Static That's Fade's In And Out And Cause's the Signal To Jump Around

WM8L

If you have any doctors offices near you that can have detrimental effects on reception as well.I wouldn't think it would be overloading. Your Pro163 should have a attenuation setting on it. You could try that just to rule it out. Florescent lighting also can have an effect on your signal to noise ratio. Just some more thoughts.

Radio Shack makes a rubber duck antenna that is tuned for the 800 mhz band. I use these on my hand helds. In my vehicles I use the Radio Shack mag mount scanner antenna.

Terry

bigbud42010

I Have A Flat Screen Lcd Monitor A Internet Modem And A Computer. I Get Interference From Them Every Now And Then. I Have Nothing Else To Interfere With. I Do Have The Stock Antenna For This Thing By The Way. I Do Know Tonight Is A Good Night To Scan.

LPROB00

Premium Subscriber
I live in Lebanon and have a PRO-95 scannner which is about 9 years old and get decent reception. In fact I can hear the HAMCO all county broadcasts better on the MCSO Leern tg versus the HAMCO system and I am 11 miles from HAMCO boarder as the crow flies. However though, when I lived in Centerville / Washington Township from 06-08 I always had trouble with the system when I was in south C-ville / Washington around Elder Beerman and Starbucks. It seemed like the reception from Spring Valley south along 48 to Austin Pike was terrible, it wasnt uncommon to miss alot of transmissions. My GRE 500 had the same issues. I tried the stock antennas, 800mhz, and mobile mount and nothing really helped. The mobile was probably the best, but not by much.

Status
Not open for further replies.