Montgomery County (TX) Law Enforcement Encryption Updates

W5NIO

I wonder if they did an investigation into how that person was able to convince LE he was a chaplain? I'd think that would be a big story and sounds like reprimands should have happened...but that's just me.
He has a history of doing similar. Convinced Camp Hope of the PTSD Foundation of America he was a qualified counselor and had a diverse military history. Got caught in 2010 when he applied for Texas specialty license plates and HPD caught interest: https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...selor-charged-with-falsifying-his-3674728.php

If you want a copy of my PIA request to MCSO on the situation, shoot me a message. I don't believe I can attach files here.
EDIT: Here is a link to one of them - Re_ Fake Chaplain(2).pdf

Last edited:

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
He has a history of doing similar. Convinced Camp Hope of the PTSD Foundation of America he was a qualified counselor and had a diverse military history. Got caught in 2010 when he applied for Texas specialty license plates and HPD caught interest: https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...selor-charged-with-falsifying-his-3674728.php

If you want a copy of my PIA request to MCSO on the situation, shoot me a message. I don't believe I can attach files here.
I guess they were embarrassed so they didn't pursue it.

I don't venture north of FM 1093 these days anyway, so it doesn't affect me. :ROFLMAO:

W5NIO

I guess they were embarrassed so they didn't pursue it.

I don't venture north of FM 1093 these days anyway, so it doesn't affect me. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, chaplain isn't a protected term either. They definitely didn't have proper ID protocols in place at the time. A learning lesson for them.

I get all the info I need for media related things, via Ops channels and Lt Spencer. Manhunts and similar are always on those channels and for whatever reason are left in the clear.

Also- This guy also claimed to be a 'volunteer EMT, but not with a department'. Always confused me.