Montgomery County Unit ID list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjc123

Premium Subscriber
I am going through and making myself a list of Unit IDs and adding them into my HP-2 using HomePatrol Sentinel.

I was just wondering if anyone already had a list? if so it would be greatly appreciated if you could share it. I was looking at MCPD and MCFRS in particular.

Bradley.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
When you say "unit numbers," what do you mean exactly? Be aware that RIDs on the current system may not (and probably will not) be the same when the new system comes online next month, meaning your work may end up being obsolete. And the HP-2 may not work so well on a P25 simulcast system that is being installed, depending on your location and how many tower site are providing signal to the radio vs. current SmartZone system.

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
Just curious but what do you need all these RIds for, other than possibly stalking a particular patrol officer? This is the kind of thing that encourages encryption.

Bjc123

Premium Subscriber
That is not my plan at all. I was just going to have the fire and rescue ones. I don't necessarily need the PD ones. I was just going to put them in for fun so that instead of having the RID it would just come up as PE*** but I guess this is a little extra and don't necessarily need it.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
If you are going to log RID's wait to the new system arrives next year as all radio id's will change. RID's on the new system will be 250xxxx & 251xxxx.

Tracking radio id's is extremely helpful when you are following a new radio system or determining new talkgroups especially encrypted talkgroups.

pittsville

If you live in a small place with a one man department, he is dispatched by county, along with all of their units, on the same talkgroup. In order to listen to your hometown PD you would have to listen at the unit id level, as it is on the same talkgroup as the entire county.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Just curious but what do you need all these RIds for, other than possibly stalking a particular patrol officer? This is the kind of thing that encourages encryption.
Naw, I use RIDs to ID fire apparatus. As far as police are concerned, RIDs and beats change over time, so it would be a loose correlation.

Status
Not open for further replies.