Montgomery County

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmyos

I am wondering if there are many listeners to MoCo. Leave a message with the MoCo channels you listen to, if you do.

Also, does anyone know the MoCo police helicopter channel (if there is one)? I would like to set it on a list for my PSR-800. I use the EZ-SCAN software if you know the County, System, Talkgroup, Alpha ID... otherwise, any direction would help.

thx

bmyos

I was just listening to my scanner and received the busy tone (encrypted communication notice) on a basic dispatch channel for MoCo... is this a sign?

troymail

Silent Key
Occasionally (very), I've noticed that if the reception is poor, the radio sometimes thinks the talkgroup is ENC -- so it could be that - or not.....

Sorry - I don't know much specifically about the Montgomery County system

W2NJS

Put all the Montgomery County fire channels in your scanner and let 'er rip. After dispatching on 7A their usual cutover for responders for routine events is 7B, with more serious sounding calls going directly to 7C. I've heard nothing about encrypting any MC stuff. The MSP helos usually operate on the MC channel assigned for the call, but the often sign on to the call on 7A and get the operating channel then switch over.

bmyos

Troymail - thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind whenever it happens.

W2NJS - I currently don't have any of the fire frequencies programmed, but you have just earned my vote. I think that will help 'the wifey' tolerate so many hours of scanning in the house (she's a former EMT). Also, thanks for the helo information. There was a call recently (chase) in which a helo suddenly chimed in. It makes sense, given your guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.