[Montgomery MD] TRS - Zello/Patch Integration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmi

Premium Subscriber
Montgomery County FRS

I've noticed the following Radio IDs show up as 1-2 second keyup with no audio as follows:

I'm wondering if it has to do with Zello Patch Activation or something to do with Interop.

The RadioID prefix 546xx appears to be used with Zello phones and have been seen on swift water rescues..

Format:

TG - Description: Radio ID

3344 - MCFR 7A Disp: 54641
3376 - MCFR 7B Ops: 54642
3408 - MCFR 7C In10: 54643
3536 - MCFR 7G In20: 54644

3664 - MCFR 71C I30: 54647
3792 - MCFR 71G I40: 54648

Example: Zello Patch between 7B and 71C ?

71C: 54642, 54647

Any ideas?

Jay

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I would think the county would use Moto Wave rather than Zello, but who knows. Could it have anything to do with migrating to their new system?

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I don't think I have ever seen an agency use ZelloWork for patching or really any LTE solution. As mentioned above, It's usually Moto WAVE or ReadyOp.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I don't think I have ever seen an agency use ZelloWork for patching or really any LTE solution. As mentioned above, It's usually Moto WAVE or ReadyOp.
ZelloWork is a different animal than consumer Zello. Still, I would *think* that Moto would be offering the county a sweet deal on Wave since they are rebuilding their RF system as we speak. But being Moto, perhaps it was *too* proprietary.

empire550

Premium Subscriber
It's more like Wave doesn't suit Montgomery's needs. Motobridge had more features than Wave and yet they canceled it to force people to Wave.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Looping back to the OP's post, perhaps they use Zello Work in areas with poor RF coverage like the Potomac River valley, considering they are used by the Swift Water team. And I guess they are cheaper to replace, lol.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
It looks like each unit has a Smartphone that uses FirstNet for data access, as well as additional Smartphones for special units. Zello uses the data service for voice. In AACo, each unit has an iPad for access to CAD data and other apps. Not sure if Zello or FirstNet is used.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Pretty much everything if you set up a secure VPN back to the host intranet.

Most of the MCTs I've used have just used commercial Verizon or AT&T 4G with a VPN tunnel back to the secure intranet side, and that security is rated OK for NCIC/METERS traffic.

t9590th

Premium Subscriber
What CAD data can they receive on there ipads other than active 911 and such.
In our county we use CrewForce by Tyler Technologies which integrates with our New World CAD completely. Using Sonim phones with LTE and Crewforce, you have everything at your fingertips

Status
Not open for further replies.