Montgomery Metro Communications Cooperative District ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
It’s definitely a PD dispatch channel but i haven’t been able to pin it down since I’m new to this area. It seems tho sometimes it’s simulcasted, maybe patched, with 1335. Right now my radio isn’t picking up any of the simulcasting 800 MHz control channels. Not sure if they threw the switch and changed or what.

RadShackFan

The Montgomery PD runs two separate dispatch channels because they have split the city into 2 sectors. TG 1335 is MPD 1 and 1336 is MPD 2. They also have a separate channel for NCIC and other warrant traffic, but I haven't identified the TG #. (You'll hear the dispatcher tell a unit to "switch to 3" and "NCIC channel is down.")

You will also hear both sectors being dispatched by a single dispatcher during lunch breaks and other times when they are using only 1 dispatcher. That situation will show up with "patched" in the TG name.

I live on the east side of Montgomery and the simulcast is up and running.

Last edited by a moderator:

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
Thank you qslmark for the info on TG1336. The skip has been good for the pass few nights for me to pick-up the Bullock County site. Only a few TGs heard, Montgomery Co. Sheriff Dispatch TG290, MPD 1 TG1335, MPD 2 TG1336 and TG771. I am going to log some more to say for sure but i think TG 771 is going to be Union Springs Police Depart. cause all i have heard units call Dispatcher, Union Springs or Union Springs Base.
Also all TGs were in the clear so far.

RadShackFan

joejo95, Auburn now has a site listed on the Montgomery System. Be sure to have it selected - you might hear the radio techs. I don't know how long it will take for Auburn PD & FD to migrate to the P25 system, but you might hear something.

I heard TG771 the other day and the female dispatcher used "Union Springs', but the unit she talked to said he was in Smut Eye. Could be a central dispatch center for the PD and Sheriffs Dept. I don't have the Union Springs site activated on the scanner I heard it on; it was on the Montgomery Pine Level site.

Auburn36801

Premium Subscriber
The city of Auburn is still on the vhf system. Auburn police and Fire has not switched. The new system will be phase 2. I do not know of an estimate time.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
The Montgomery PD runs two separate dispatch channels because they have split the city into 2 sectors. TG 1335 is MPD 1 and 1336 is MPD 2. They also have a separate channel for NCIC and other warrant traffic, but I haven't identified the TG #. (You'll hear the dispatcher tell a unit to "switch to 3" and "NCIC channel is down.")

You will also hear both sectors being dispatched by a single dispatcher during lunch breaks and other times when they are using only 1 dispatcher. That situation will show up with "patched" in the TG name.

I live on the east side of Montgomery and the simulcast is up and running.
Thanks.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Do y’all notice any 20xxx TGID’s popping up simulcasting comms from TGID 1335 and 1336? And if so anyone know what that’s about? It’s showing on both my 536 and 436. Thanks.

Auburn36801

Premium Subscriber
Do y’all notice any 20xxx TGID’s popping up simulcasting comms from TGID 1335 and 1336? And if so anyone know what that’s about? It’s showing on both my 536 and 436. Thanks.

It is the unit ID that is showing on the scanner. It is not the talk group ID.

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
Your right qslmark about TG771 it is a Multi-Dispatch for Union Srprings PD and Bullock Sheriff. Yes i have Auburns System in my scanners and have not logged anything yet. I think i am going to have a fit with this system cause it is going to use freq. 769.83125 which Ozark, on the Alabama First Responder Network, uses the same freq. as a alternate control channel. So at night i am logging Ozark TGs some time.

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
qslmark do happen to know who TG 20105 name. The other night heard the dispatcher for MPD 1 talking too and calling for 221 Charlie, and only him, all night on this TG.

RadShackFan

I'm pretty sure it's a "private" channel. I noticed the same number being used the same way several times before.

Also, this weekend I picked up TG 773 & 778, but I couldn't tell who they were. I assumed they're associated with Bullock County / Union Springs because of the numbers, but I'm not sure.

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
Did you happen to log any UIDs for TGs 773 or 778? The only UIDs i got was for the Dispatcher (9982002). My scanner never showed the UID for 221 Charlie.

RadShackFan

For those monitoring the Montgomery P25 system I have heard a new talk group, #390. Its is an LE Dispatch and all the locations and business names used are in Prattville. I am hearing it on the Simulcast and Pine Level sites.

The traffic is the same as that is on Prattville PD VHF frequency of 155.565.

If you're in Prattville or Autauga County see if you can confirm this report.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
For those monitoring the Montgomery P25 system I have heard a new talk group, #390. Its is an LE Dispatch and all the locations and business names used are in Prattville. I am hearing it on the Simulcast and Pine Level sites.

The traffic is the same as that is on Prattville PD VHF frequency of 155.565.

If you're in Prattville or Autauga County see if you can confirm this report.
I can confirm. It is currently patched with their VHF dispatch freq of 155.565 I’m sad to report :(

Last edited:
What's the actual control channel for the simulcast on this system? For some reason the RR db lists every single frequency as a primary control channel which I know is definitely not the case.

What control channel(s) should I be using for the simulcast?

KD4YGG

Database Admin
It’s a Harris P-25 system. Unlike other P-25 systems, Harris systems allow each frequency on a specific site to be rotated into use as the control channel. That’s why all frequencies are listed as such.

Run Unitrunker or PRO96COM on the current active control channel and you’ll see all frequencies identified as alternate control channels. A fact of all Harris P-25 systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.