Montgomery Metro Communications Cooperative District ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auburn36801

Premium Subscriber
The auburn site was active for a little bit. I heard MPD channel 1 talkgroup dec 1335. No other update provided. I do not know when Auburn will switch to the trunk system, all I know now is that the site is active when the time comes for Auburn to switch from VHF to the trunk system, I will let you know on this forum.

Auburn36801

Premium Subscriber
There is a new talkgroup ID #1336 on the Auburn site. I do not know which department is being active. The site is showing up as an rfss and site number of 22.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
There is a new talkgroup ID #1336 on the Auburn site. I do not know which department is being active. The site is showing up as an rfss and site number of 22.

1336 TGID is another Montgomery PD dispatch channel during peak times. Other times it’s paired with 1335. The 20xxx TGID’s popping up are also comms from 1335/1336. Several have showed up on my radios in ID search mode not sure whats up with that?

Auburn36801

Premium Subscriber
Funny story, I have heard someone from Bullock county and they were using the wrong site. They had the Auburn site programmed to their radios. The Auburn site has a long reach to bullock county. They said to the users, do not use the Auburn site, the Auburn site is live but Auburn Police is not using the site. They said to the user to contact Bullock county on the Bullock County site and not the Auburn site, the radios that Bullock county has transmitted on the auburn site frequencies and they said to Bullock county to remove the Auburn site off of their radios.

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
When I was in Opelika yesterday i was getting hits on TG 656 and 672, both were ENCed. Any ideal on who uses them?

Auburn36801

Premium Subscriber
I do not know whose talk group ID belongs to. The City of Auburn are waiting for their new radios and waiting for the new public safety complex building to be completed before the City of Auburn moves over the trunk system. Auburn police and fire trunk system will not be encrypted and the trunk system will be phase II.

Auburn36801

Premium Subscriber
Auburn fire was testing their new fire station alerting system yesterday. It will be a matter of time now, before Auburn will switch to the trunking system. Auburn has hired Paul Register as the public safety director. He will be in on March 2020.

RadShackFan

For those of you monitoring the new Auburn system, are you hearing any encrypted traffic? I'm hearing quite a bit of encrypted traffic on the Montgomery system Talk Groups 655, 656, & 657. A couple of weeks ago, the same talk groups had a large amount of clear radio checks " 1 to 2 radio check" type stuff. I thought it might be the Auburn HTs being programmed. I have no clue who these TGs might be.

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
Every time i go to Opeliika i monitor the system and have hear those 3 TGs and they were always ENCed. I have been thinking the same thing because every new system i have monitored always tested for weeks before they came on line.

medic9351301

Banned
dont hold your breath on this .
they said the same thing for birmingham .
unless you have a good source who can prove it lol

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
I have confidence in Auburn36801's information. One of the Auburn Fire Battalion Chief's told me last week that indeed they are waiting on the move to the new station #1 before switching to the trunked system and their new radios. He said that they will simultaneously cease their current practice of having Dispatch close the station doors behind a departing apparatus. This is an unnecessary re-paging of each alarm dispatch.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Additional information for those who monitor Auburn Fire -

Frequently, Auburn Fire will switch to "Channel 5" once they arrive on the fireground. If you also monitor them on football gamedays, you will hear EAGLE 1, an AFD ATV that responds with other units inside and outside Jordan Hare Stadium to fans experiencing medical emergencies. They are also equipped to respond to small-scale fires throughout the tailgate areas. This unit is equipped with a DMR radio and is the same radio channel that is used on the fireground - Channel 5. For those of you with a DMR-option programmed into your scanner or if you have a DMR-capable two-way radio, here is the programming information you need to monitor AFD Channel 5:

FREQUENCY: 155.5725 (DMR)
COLOR CODE: 8
TALK-GROUP: 1000

Metrofire31
WREX563
Auburn-Opelika

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Based on very-high-up authority, I learned this week that Auburn will be switching to the new Montgomery Harris system in a couple of months. Several key leaders have already had their new radios programmed to patch the current VHF channels to the new PRIMARY TGs on the P25 system.

Metrofire31
Auburn-Opelika,AL

Status
Not open for further replies.