Montgomery Metro Communications Cooperative District ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Those of you that monitor this system have probably noticed a big drop in the amount of radio traffic in the last few weeks. Well, I talked to a Officer who is the son of a close friend. He told me they are using the MDT units for dispatch as much as they can instead of voice dispatch. He didn't know why and they were not given a reason.

what municipality are you referring to? Not Montgomery PD, they’re dispatching away on 1335 and 1336.

RadShackFan

I didn't say they had stopped, only that you probably noticed a big drop in the amount of radio traffic. My close friend, who is a ham and scanner enthusiast, brought the subject up and his son (an MPD Officer) said they were using the MDT units for a lot of dispatches. And yes, I referring to MPD.

Since you say "they're dispatching away on 1335 and 1336" he must be in error and I stand corrected on the matter. Have a nice day.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
My apologies, after listening more and more this evening it appears your sources are correct. It’s been quieter than a normal night. There’s still lots of talk on the main dispatch channels but seems referencing the dispatches after they’ve gone out. Occasionally the more important calls have been going out over the air.

Auburn36801

Premium Subscriber
I just heard LCSO on the Montgomery Metro Communications District. I heard a dispatcher said volunteers and ETS are enroute to a call in Smiths.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Following up the previous post, Lee County Sheriff Dispatch is currently simulcasting their VHF frequency (155.715/186.2) on the Montgomery Metro P25 system on Talkgroup 663. Kudos to "Auburn36801" for discovering this. Thus far, TG 663 is unencrypted.

Metrofire31
Auburn-Opelika
WREX563

Auburn36801

Premium Subscriber
On the FCC website there is a section of Interception and Divulgence of Radio Communications. The section says that

What kinds of interception and divulgence of radio transmissions are legal?

The FCC and the Communications Act do not forbid certain types of interception and disclosure of radio communications, including:
• Mere interception of radio communications, such as overhearing your neighbor’s conversation over a cordless telephone, or listening to emergency service reports on a radio scanner (which the City of Auburn has violated by going encrypted in June of this year)

(although intercepting and/or recording telephone-related radio communications may be a violation of other federal or state laws).
• Divulgence of certain radio communications that were transmitted for use by the general public (such as over-the-air radio and television broadcasts).
• Divulgence of broadcasts related to ships, aircraft, vehicles or persons in distress.
• Divulgence of transmissions by amateur radio or citizen band radio operators

I would file a complaint with the FCC so that Auburn can reverse their decision going encrypted.

medic9351301

Banned
Auburn:
I know you want auburn to be clear. but the more you push the issue they will not go clear.
It clearly states that they do not forbid it. The FCC and the Communications Act do not forbid certain types of interception and disclosure of radio communications .
If they want to encrp they have every legal right to do it. there is no law that states it cant be done.
Why is this a big deal to you ? No laws have been broken . Do you see others trying to force the issue. I am pissed that departments
I like to hear have went encrpt. There is nothing that can be done.

If you got multi millions of dollars to loose in a law suit only to have it thrown out because there is no burden of proof you have my permission.
If you can show me one document that states encryption is illegal i will issue a formal apology to you .
Do you see people jumping up and down having a hissy over the FBI,DEA,SECRECT SERVICE being encrpt.
Face it its the normal now .

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Auburn:
I know you want auburn to be clear. but the more you push the issue they will not go clear.
It clearly states that they do not forbid it. The FCC and the Communications Act do not forbid certain types of interception and disclosure of radio communications .
If they want to encrp they have every legal right to do it. there is no law that states it cant be done.
Why is this a big deal to you ? No laws have been broken . Do you see others trying to force the issue. I am pissed that departments
I like to hear have went encrpt. There is nothing that can be done.

If you got multi millions of dollars to loose in a law suit only to have it thrown out because there is no burden of proof you have my permission.
If you can show me one document that states encryption is illegal i will issue a formal apology to you .
Do you see people jumping up and down having a hissy over the FBI,DEA,SECRECT SERVICE being encrpt.
Face it its the normal now .

I have to agree with the previous post by medic9351301. Do I like it? NO. Is it legal? It must be because it's a widely used process by many public safety agencies. But when it's an agency that is a favorite of mine, that tends to ruffle my feathers but it's not illegal. I am familiar with a couple of real-life incidents in which the 911 caller summoned help and then monitored the responding agency's traffic to hear what they were doing when he held some of their responders hostage. Let me offer an alternate means I use to sorta monitor much of Auburn Fire. If you can/will monitor EAMC EMS on their two frequencies (154.025 and 155.895), you can just about guess when they respond into the City of Auburn that AFD is responding with them in many cases. We just have to live with the decision to encrypt when it's used. Our bigger civic responsibility is to support our first responders whenever we can.

Metrofire31
Auburn-Opelika
WREX563

Auburn36801

Premium Subscriber
Be advised Auburn Fire dispatch is unencrypted. This has been verified, please program frequency 154.400 tone 134 DPL to your scanner. Auburn Police is still encrypted. This information has been sent to the online database.

Auburn36801

Premium Subscriber
Be advised The Auburn fire dispatcher is talking to the fire department thru their trunk system. The automated dispatch and the units are talking in both systems (trunk, vhf) This is a dual system for Auburn Fire Dispatch. The backup system for Auburn Fire on VHF is unencrypted.

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
Can someone local who monitors please tell me if these analog channels are still valid for the Auburn City and University areas?
There is conflicting info in the forum. Obviously, I am not interested in Encrypted channels. I will be up there later this week. Thanks

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
155.71500 WPLS543 RM186.2 PLLee SO DispSheriff Dispatch FMN Law Dispatch
154.71000 KN6938 M107.2 PLLee SO C2CSheriff Car-to-Car FMN Law Talk
152.40500 WPLS543 RM162.2 PLLee SO Tac WSheriff Tac - West FMN Law Tac

155.14500 KCE437 RM123.0 PLLee FD EastFire Dispatch - East FMN Fire Dispatch
159.16500 WPFT729 RM173.8 PLLee FD WestFire Dispatch - West FMN Fire Dispatch

154.40000 KTN400 B134 DPLAuburn Fire DispFire Dispatch FMN Fire Dispatch

154.02500 WNRX757 RM167.9 PLEAMC EMS 1EMS Dispatch 1 (Salem Site) FMN EMS Dispatch
155.89500 WNRX757 BM107.2 PLEAMC EMS 2EMS Dispatch 2 (Opelika Site) FMN EMS Dispatc

152.43500 WQLB227 RMAU SecPatrolSecurity Patrol DMR Security
154.03250 KB64357 RMCC 12
TG 10003
SL *
AU SecuritySecurity DMR Law Talk

RadShackFan

Jim, I can confirm all the frequencies are correct and active. The Auburn FD dispatch is correct, but I haven't heard anything on that one for at least a week. It used to be simulcast with their P25 channel, but I think it is on the way out.

Be sure to use the tones listed. When the bands open up the VHF frequencies are over run with Georgia stations.

In case you are interested the Opelika PD/FD are not encrypted and the P25 system listed is correct.

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
Thanks, guys. I'm traveling with just a BC125AT so the P25's are out. If you ever need anything in Fort Lauderdale/Miami let me know.
Saban the nicktator sucks and "Go War Eagle"

codeplug

Member, Disabled Veteran, US Army
New 700 MHz Tower Site
Autauga County, AL
WRKK544 - Montgomery Metro Communications Cooperative District (MMCCD)

Site Location:
Prattville, AL - Autauga County

Site Frequencies:

Anyone close to the New Prattville Tower Site may want to check it for activity.
Please Post any Frequency or Tower Site info found here or Submit an update to RR.

wwhitby

Feed Provider
New 700 MHz Tower Site
Autauga County, AL
WRKK544 - Montgomery Metro Communications Cooperative District (MMCCD)

Site Location:
Prattville, AL - Autauga County

Site Frequencies:

Anyone close to the New Prattville Tower Site may want to check it for activity.
Please Post any Frequency or Tower Site info found here or Submit an update to RR.

As of a minute ago, no control channel on that tower. I live about a mile away from the tower site, and I have checked it daily for activity since the frequencies were assigned. Nothing so far.

FWIW, I did submit the new site to the RR database a couple of months ago, but my submission was rejected because the tower wasn't active. I was told to resubmit when it became active.

Status
Not open for further replies.