Montgomery Metro Communications Cooperative District ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwhitby

Feed Provider
New 700 MHz Tower Site
Autauga County, AL
WRKK544 - Montgomery Metro Communications Cooperative District (MMCCD)

Site Location:
Prattville, AL - Autauga County

Site Frequencies:

Anyone close to the New Prattville Tower Site may want to check it for activity.
Please Post ansd fay Frequency or Tower Site info found here or Submit an update to RR.

The Prattville site was active for a short time today. Radio Techs were doing radio checks on Talkgroups 65301 and 65303. I can pick it up 99%, but I live a little over one mile from the tower! :)

Control channel was 769.78125, RFSS was 023, Site ID was 023.

Data has been submitted to the database.

RadShackFan

FYI: For those who can monitor the MMCCD in Auburn, Lee County SO has been testing their ability to use the system this morning. For the last hour they have been having their units do radio checks on the system. The Radio Techs have also been testing the "patch" that would allow them to talk with Auburn units.

I have a RS Pro-668 that scans nothing but the Auburn system, with AUPD and AUFD locked out. At least once a day MPD or Union Springs will come over the system. Sometimes MPD will be on, in the clear, for hours.

Just an FYI.

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
I pick this system up sometimes ok and sometimes not here over in Phenix City. Can you post what TG there using for the Lee SO? I have been pickup TG 20152 but it just did not sound like Lee SO but i can and have been wrong before.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know anything about Auburn doing patches from P25 to VHF/UHF? I am pretty unfamiliar with the area, but during the Auburn football game this weekend, I was picking up traffic on 155.610. The frequency is licensed to Auburn PD and in the little time I had to listen in, the audio sounded very "digitized" as I often hear in digital to FM patches.

I also heard similar traffic on 453.4125 which is also licensed to Auburn PD. I couldn't listen in much, but from the bit I heard, it was clear both frequencies were carrying public safety traffic related to the football game.

Additionally I suspect 155.280 was being used by EAMC at the stadium, but again, I didn't have enough time to confirm.

Does anyone have any insight?

medic9351301

Banned
what traffic were you hearing .
its possible they had a ems patch up
the pd its self is encrypted

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
FYI: For those who can monitor the MMCCD in Auburn, Lee County SO has been testing their ability to use the system this morning. For the last hour they have been having their units do radio checks on the system. The Radio Techs have also been testing the "patch" that would allow them to talk with Auburn units.

I have a RS Pro-668 that scans nothing but the Auburn system, with AUPD and AUFD locked out. At least once a day MPD or Union Springs will come over the system. Sometimes MPD will be on, in the clear, for hours.

Just an FYI.
TG 663, which someone added to the database as Lee County Sherriff Dispatch, is not correct as far as I can tell. That talkgroup was used today at the Auburn Football game and was not carrying primary dispatch traffic. All traffic on TG 663 was patched to 152.405 PL 162.2 (WRNX302). Traffic was coming in on both ends of the patch. The dispatcher, which was referred to as "Auburn," and the majority of the units were on the P25 side, but some units were coming in on the FM side. The channel seems to be used to communicate between the variety of different law enforcement agencies assisting Auburn PD at the stadium (AL LEA, Russel County Sherriff, and Lee County Sherriff were among the agencies I noted). 152.405 is in the database as Lee County Sherriff TAC - West.

During the last game, similar traffic was carried on 155.610 DCS 143 instead, but apart from a few key-ups, all traffic was on 152.405 this time. I also noted some sort of patch on 453.4125 DCS 023 during the game last week but not enough to ID its use.

Auburn PD units had their radios set to "Special Event" although I can not tell you exactly what that TG is. Not sure if that was TG 663 or another TG. Unitrunker showed a fair bit of activity on TG 677 during the game as well as some on TG 658 and 673.

155.280 PL 107.2 simplex was used extensively by EAMC for stadium ops.

Most non-public safety operations were on UHF, although I have not been able to positively ID most of them yet:

453.6875 DMR CC1 TG1 was some sort of in-stadium operations
461.2375 CSQ was being used by some sort of camera crew
461.4125 DMR CC1 TG 300 as best I can tell is Tiger Transit Admin but some traffic is encrypted
461.9125 DMR DMR CC14 TG 1048677 is some sort of in-stadium operations
464.550 PL 94.8 mentioned things about mic inputs, and cables etc
464.850 DMR CC6 TG 101 was being used by parking
467.0125 CSQ was some sort of in-stadium operations but not enough to ID
467.1125 DCS245 is stadium operations... talking about an elevator not working, taking ropes down, vest pickup etc
467.850 DCS023 I didn't get enough traffic to tell for sure, but my guess is this channel is used by staff at the tailgating area
469.7625 DCS245 had similar traffic to 467.1125

Some sort of gameday operations outside of the stadium were on TG 29 on the Auburn CAP+ system.

There was also some staff using FRS radios for operations.

Finally, I discovered 463.8625 DMR CC1 TG 397381 to be used by the University Station RV Resort.

I will work on getting things submitted once I have usage nailed down, but I figured I would share my findings here first.

Last edited:

wwhitby

Feed Provider
While monitoring the Bald Knob tower last night, I picked up a law enforcement talkgroup that I had never heard before. Its talkroup 2900, and had LE traffic such as 10-39 vehicle stops. I wasn't able to hear any locations, though.

wynndal

Premium Subscriber
While monitoring the Bald Knob tower last night, I picked up a law enforcement talkgroup that I had never heard before. Its talkroup 2900, and had LE traffic such as 10-39 vehicle stops. I wasn't able to hear any locations, though.

I've been monitoring Bald Knob for the last week and saw this too. Can't confirm but it sounds like a patch to Elmore CO SO. It seems to not be encrypted currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.