Montgomery policeman shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
any1 been following the action. some is taking place on MA-1 , also another frequuency to listen to ( was earlier) is Jackson Hospital ( or Baptist) depending on what day it is Jackson Hosptal 452.225 - seems to be main 1, also 154.600 an 451.325 Baptists Hospital is 464.825

SAR923

Yes, sadly, I have been following this. Lots of action on the state net (155.01) from the various air units searching for the suspect. Officer was shot while on a routine traffic stop. By the sound of the injuries, I'm assuming that he will not survive. The suspect's vehicle was located in Montgomery but the suspect is still at large.

RevGary

Pastor and Chaplain Responder
Please join our Chapel staff and congregation in prayer for the victim... this is the 6th officer involved shooting nationwide in less than 36 hours.

There is no such thng as a "routine" traffic stop. Every officer on patrol is aware of the national trend toward violence against police and it has been my recommendation for years, as a retired deputy sheriff sergeant of 21 years tactical training service, to treat every traffic stop as a high profile felony stop until such time as the occupants of the vehicle can be 'controlled'. The pacifists and anti establishment types scream at that notion in 'violating their rights'. But lets think about the officers in the field who have to deal with every type of situation and give them a break for their personal safety. As with additional aircraft security since 9-1-1, a little understanding and inconvenience on the part of the general motoring public regarding officer safety on traffic stops would be appreciated by officers and administrators alike. This cycle of using officers for target practice has to stop!

We commend our brothers and sisters in uniform for their bravery, dedication and public service. Our prayers go out to all.

SAR923

I join you in your prayers, Reverend Gary. This shooting brings up a good point. As I understand it, this officer was shot twice, once in the chest and once in the head. It sounds like his vest would have stopped the chest wound from being fatal but the descriptions of his head wound sounds very ominous indeed. Way back in the late 60's, I started my law enforcement career with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. At that time, we wore helmets as routine headgear. We hated them because they were heavy, hot, and uncomfortable. OTOH, they saved the lives of at least three deputies I'm aware of. We finally discarded the helmets as routine headgear because of complaints from some segments of the community that it made us appear too "militaristic".

Tactical helmets today are orders of magnitude better than the ones we wore, both in terms of comfort and ballistic protection. Maybe it's time we reconsider the need for helmets as routine headgear for street officers.

SCPD

QRT
also another frequency I heard misc traffic on at the time was 155.475 N E L E, 1st time in since i got my pro 97 ( In DEc 0225) that I've heard any traffice on this 1

RevGary

Pastor and Chaplain Responder
Both 155.010 (ASMA) Alabama State Mutual Aid and 155.475 (National Law Enforcement Net) are programmed into just about every agency's equipment using VHF and some agencies using 800 or UHF still have a VHF unit in the cruisers specifically for interagency and interstate op's.

Down in Baldwin County, those frequencies as well as 155.370 are used often and are the primary car to car channels after hurricanes wipe out agency towers.

Last edited:

wwhitby

Feed Provider
AlabamaRS said:
also another frequency I heard misc traffic on at the time was 155.475 N E L E, 1st time in since i got my pro 97 ( In DEc 0225) that I've heard any traffice on this 1

Around Montgomery, 155.475 is also used as a car-to-car channel, along with 154.920 (TX and RX).

Warren

zac

Premium Subscriber
Mongtomery officer shot

I just heard on the news that the officer from Mongtomery has died. He apparently died late Saturday night.

zac

Premium Subscriber
Mongtomery officer shot

I just heard on the news that the officer from Mongtomery has died. He apparently died late Saturday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.