Montgomery

Status
Not open for further replies.

puzzleriddle

yes & No. it will be a FULL P25 ssytem .. NO analog talk groups & lets Hope thet do not Encyrpt everrything like with Pro voice they have on THE EDACS except i there s NO hope to listening to ENC stuff
EDAC type systems are being no longer made/used/supported? after 2013 or by 2013?. reread the link posted :)

KJ4HWE

I don't see any mention of encryption in the article...lets hope it's not encrypted. Hopefully encryption is prohibitively expensive!

skywarner

I am afraid OpenSky2, which is the new Harris encryption feature, will be part of the P25IP system installation. I suspect that they will continue the current encryption system, namely encrypt MPD, MFD, and SO, but leave everything else (VFDs, housing, Troy etc) unencrypted. They only leave VFDs open because they think that there are many volunteers that need access to the open traffic. I think that there are so many digital scanners out there now that can receive unencrypted P25 traffic that there is no way that they will change the talkgroups that are currently encrypted and make them open P25 traffic. When they sold the original EDACS system they made a big deal about security with their ProVoice encryption, and I think they will use OpenSky2 as a major selling point again. Just my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.