Montmorency County gone silent

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkoronka

During this week of doing a lot of snow plowing my days have turned into nights and nights into days. Friday afternoon as I was finishing up and a state unit out of Alpena (74) was in a chase in Montmorency county. They had called Otsego for backup. Otsego's units asked what channel (should have been talk group) Montmorency were operating off of and Otsego said they were down. So then they patched the Alpena state unit to Otsego LEIN. Due to my schedule I have no idea when Montmorency went down but as of now they are still silent. It leaves me wondering with no lightning in the area what is going on. The chase ended up in a crash with the state unit involved but it sounded like not a lot of damage. I looked in the db and there is no listings left for Montmorency Sheriff so now I don't know what to tune to. Personally I think that them being on the MPSCS system they should be up by now.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
What do you mean they went "down"? The tower in Montmorency Co went down? Talkgroups don't just "fail" unless it's a terminology issue.

mkoronka

"They were down" was a direct quote from our dispatch center 70 when they were patched. Sorry rdale I can't tell you more as I don't know the people to ask otherwise I would have posted it. The Gaylord and Mio site which I can receive all of the time are active, the Atlanta site which I can pull only some of the time is active but what is lacking is the TG 4054 otherwise known here as 60 Central.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Can you run Unitrunker or any of the other decoding programs? That should provide enough detail to answer.

gsalogar

Try scanning the alternate control of 867.875. I am at the south end of Higgins Lake and I am picking up a faint signal on that frequency. It is not strong enough for me to receive any data, but I do hear the data like I would on another control channel- just with a lot of static. According to the database, Newyago, Atlanta South, and UP counties use that frequency. I am guessing it is Atlanta South. Unless this is the Atlanta tower you mentioned earlier, then I have no other ideas.

mkoronka

With the kind help of jbas he informed me that Montmorency is now using the old 60 COM tg (4058) for their radio traffic and have stopped at least for now using the P911 tg (4054). Thanks jbas!

Status
Not open for further replies.