Montreal Fire Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapper1948

Premium Subscriber
I haven't received reception from the Montreal Fire frequencies for about a week now. Exactly a year since I bought my BCD536HP Bearcat this has happened more too often and it is very frustrating. Has anything changed recently? New TG"s maybe?

I receive other P25 channels loud and and clear, namely Public Security and Public Works in the Montreal area.

BC_Scan

Send me your file on what you have programmed , according to what I see here the control channel changes often and if that is missing you will hear nothing are you talking about the simplex freqs or the trunked freqs ?
Which tower does your scanner hear ?
SERAM
1-Securite publique 700 ?
2-Travaux public, Public Works 800?
3-Trudeau Airport 800?
4-Metro de Montreal 800 ?
If a neutral party looks at your programming it might yield something you perhaps have missed ?
Trying to help ...

zapper1948

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for your help. Last time the control channel was changed it took about 2 weeks for RR to catch up with it. So I will monitor RR to see if there is an update, in the meantime, I don't have the fire channels. Very sad. I have a stupid question for you.

If there is a change to the database in my Sentinel software, do the same channels in a favorite list get changed too or do I have to reprogram the favorite list with the new data?

BC_Scan

Send me your file
No such thing as stoopid with this scanner
It took me a LONNNGGGG time to be fully familiar with this scanner, and only reason I learned is through the hard lessons every single member here fought to obtain.
From what I can see all the info is current , but I am in Vancouver and have never listened to this SERAM.
If you have any semblance of this that you have correct (known at this moment) freqs you can update scanner via Sentinel to latest database , but with SERAM it appears you have to listen to a certain tower dependant on what you want to hear.
Other thing is can you scanner hear all 4 towers from your location and antenna ( I would be surprised)

mciupa

If you notice a change for the database, please submit the information as soon as possible.

You have to change your Favorite List yourself. Only the Full Database is changed with weekly database for all of Canada and USA.

BC_Scan

Ok so everything looks fine here, except for where it says ID Search, I always put to ON.
The other thing just from downloading from RR is that it defaults to scanning all of the towers, meaning that it will search through in Scan Mode for the control channel that you may be out of range for.

I always modify for only what the scanner can hear from my location. So, if you can only here Trudeau tower than that is it, no sense in making it look for control channels of towers you are out of range of.

Put scanner in Search of 700 MHz (ie 769 MHz to 775 MHz and one of 851-867 MHz) write down on paper which towers you can hear from your listening post and go from there.

I would also add a file of Montreal Fire Simplex Fireground. You may be in range, may not. There is a bunch of stuff there

Change up a few things you should be able to get back on track. I would be surprised if the tg's changed. Anything is possible, another reason for the file to be in Search mode.

zapper1948

Premium Subscriber
ndg-cote st. luc, bad reception here. Reception off and on.
Propagation very interesting but sad. I used to live in Laval and Ville ST. Laurent. Much better reception there.

In the last 2 weeks maybe I got 8 hits on the fire channels. Is it the weather? Tower Sites? Changes in control channels or new talk groups? Who knows?
Is it the range setting on my Bearcat 536? Lots of questions but no answers. LOL.

zapper1948

Premium Subscriber
I have a HG -Base Scanner Antenna. I live on the 3 rd floor of a 8 floor apartment building. My scanner is attached to the outside of my balcony railing and clears the floor of the upstairs balcony by 1 foot. I keep it in the vertical position. , This morning , after about 2 weeks, the fire channels opened up for me. Strange. The reception in the pm was not as good as the am .Frustrating to say the least.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 18

jo8364

Premium Subscriber
Je suis dans l'est de Montréal la réception est très bonne avec mon antenne extérieure. Je capte même le réseau VOXsecur nexdge dans les laurentides.

Bonne journée à tous

Status
Not open for further replies.