Montreal Policenew vehicle unit numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotelsecurity

Last night instead of hearing the studio calling 16-2 or 20-3 they were calling 16D2 & 20D3. I suspect it has something to do with the new shifts. Can anyone confirm? (I read French).

cacherjoe

Might be RCMP. That is how they number their vehicles. If you were listening to QPP or Montreal Police, maybe they were working with the RCMP on a common frequency?

Joe

Hotelsecurity

Might be RCMP. That is how they number their vehicles. If you were listening to QPP or Montreal Police, maybe they were working with the RCMP on a common frequency?

Joe

No it was Montreal Police on their channel 3. 16 is in Verdun & 20 is downtown. It was going on all night, it was not 1 operation. I also heard cars from station 12 (Westmont) being called with the D.

Montreal recently went to 6 teams. 3 on for 7 days & 3 off for 7 days. The shifts over lap to have extra vehicles on duty at certain times. I think it has something to do with that. What confuses me is that now at 20h00 they are using the "-" again.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
What confuses me is that now at 20h00 they are using the "-" again.

D for "Days". Probably not. :D

Is it a case of having two cars on duty that would otherwise have the same number? E.g., the first 11-15 is just that, but 2nd 11-15 is referred to as "11D15"? You did note overlapping shifts.

Actually, now that I think of it, is there a good list of how the numbers are assigned for each PDQ?

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.