Montville Twnship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvatorejrc

Yes.

If there are Talk Groups set up , it's most likely a Trunked system.

View attachment 86643
My township (montville) has 3 fire depts (Pine brook, Towaco, & Montville) in different areas in town (literally different depts, not different companies in the same dept) but they all can be heard at the same time on the fire frequency, & that goes for our ems paging as well, although, the only departments shown on RR are Montville FD & Montville EMS, & we have our own town dispatch at police headquarters. Does this still mean it is trunked even though it does not display as a talk group on RR?

they all can be heard at the same time on the fire frequency,
That doesn't sound like a Trunked system. It sounds like they are just using the same frequency to communicate.

Does the frequency change while they are talking?

What scanner are you using?

ScubaJungle

What does it display as on your scanners? If it is a frequency that is used to dispatch multiple sectors/departments, and just that frequency with no TGs, then no. If it is a single frequency, that has different talk groups for each, then yes.

Salvatorejrc

That doesn't sound like a Trunked system. It sounds like they are just using the same frequency to communicate.

Does the frequency change while they are talking?

What scanner are you using?
I forgot to add that I listen to the frequency on a broadcastify stream online, my scanner has not arrived yet. But the thing is that each department can be paged invidually which is what is confusing to me, even though they are supposedly on the same frequency.

tvengr

Well Known Member
My township (montville) has 3 fire depts (Pine brook, Towaco, & Montville)
It looks like Montville Twp is using conventional frequencies. I will make up a file with the conventional frequencies to add to your scanner. Is that for the SDS100?
Montville
NextLevel.gif

FrequencyLicenseTypeToneAlpha TagDescriptionModeTag
46.42000KEP634BCSQMont FD/EMSFire/EMS AlertingFMFire Dispatch
453.53750WNVT258RM179.9 PLMont UHF DispFire UHF DispatchFMNFire Dispatch
478.87500WPWL683RM265 DPLMontville EMSEMS Dispatch (PD-2 - Special Events)FMNEMS Dispatch
453.03750WNVT258M179.9 PLMontville FGFiregroundFMNFire-Tac
478.22500WPWL683RM293 NACMontville PDPolice Dispatch (PD 1)P25Law Dispatch
471.47500WPWL683RM71.9 PLMontvilleDPWPublic WorksFMNPublic Works

Last edited:

NParkNJ

On the Road
Those frequencies are correct and active. The UHF FD, EMS, and PD. Can’t speak for DPW and lowband.

edisonfire

There are whole counties that dispatch fire/ems on a single frequency using different pager tones. Hunterdon/Ocean/Burlington/Gloucester/Bucks/Monroe/Carbon/Sullivan/Rockland. Generally a single license. Montville has separate fire departments but a single police dept/dispatch point.

Salvatorejrc

There are whole counties that dispatch fire/ems on a single frequency using different pager tones. Hunterdon/Ocean/Burlington/Gloucester/Bucks/Monroe/Carbon/Sullivan/Rockland. Generally a single license. Montville has separate fire departments but a single police dept/dispatch point.
So that would mean, for any of those counties, that they are able to hear eachother (the same county) getting paged from their pagers if they are in monitor mode?

edisonfire

Yes, in monitor mode you will hear every piece of radio traffic over the frequency. In pager or select mode, the radio will only activate when their specific department tones are sent. Many of these pagers are set for a manual reset so once your pager is activated, you might continue to hear all radio traffic.

elias1988

Feed Provider
Some counties like Ocean simulcast their paging channel over their trunked system so it can be monitored on a radio.

tvengr

Well Known Member
He posted/ "Thanks. I ordered an sds100 with DMR, it should be coming within the week. "
Here is a favorites list file for Morris Co including NJSP and Montville. See how it works for you. State Police has all 4 NJICS Morris Co sites programmed, but only Randolph is presently enabled. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and Import from hpe file. Click on New Favorites List. Name it Morris Co NJ and click OK. Highlight and Open the extracted file (Morris Co NJ.hpe). It will be imported into Sentinel as a favorites list. Quick keys as follows:

Morris Co NJ Favorites List System Quick Keys:
0. New Jersey State Police
1. Morris Co NJ Trunk
2. Montville NJ Conv
New Jersey State Police Dept/Site Quick Keys:
0. NJSP Troop A South (Dept)
1. NJSP Troop B North (Dept)
2. NJSP Troop C Central (Dept)
3. NJSP Statewide (Dept)
4. NJSP Metro South Camden (Dept)
5. NJSP Toll Roads (Dept)
6. NJICS Netcong (Site)