Moody FD-DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moody FD is the only FD in St Clair County that is not using encryption.

Moody FD Dispatch
RX 154.8075Mhz
Color Code ONE
Repeater/Time Slot ONE

Moody FD Tac
RX 154.8075Mhz
Color Code ONE
Repeater/Time Slot TWO

Irishfireguy3622

Premium Subscriber
Genuinely curious, why does a fire department need to use encryption?

It's usually up to the FD administration whether they encrypt or not. A couple reasons they may choose to encrypt are patient confidentiality and sensitive department operations traffic that the dept does not want the public to know. Most of the time this is done via cell phones but in case of an outage, the option is in the radio system. Example: The cell phone I have in my rescue unit may not have coverage when I need to speak directly to an ER physician about a patient. I can use a specific talkgroup on the Jeffco trunked system to speak with the Trauma Comm. Center who can patch me through to just about anyone. Right now that talkgroup is in the clear, but probably wont be for long.

The way some FD's act on the radio in st clair county.... they need the encryption. A lot of the outlying departments including certain people in dispatch do not know how to be professional over a radio that tons of people could listen to. I love the scanner world but being a part of an agency in this county for 5 years has showed me that encryption is necessary. However other agencies across the country have their own reasons. Personally I think most FD's that go digital or are encrypted are talked into it by motorola salesman...

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Moody Fire

Moody FD is the only FD in St Clair County that is not using encryption.

Moody FD Dispatch
RX 154.8075Mhz
Color Code ONE
Repeater/Time Slot ONE

Moody FD Tac
RX 154.8075Mhz
Color Code ONE
Repeater/Time Slot TWO

Alabama Weatherman:

In searching the FCC database, I found that Moody Fire has been assigned a total of three (3) frequencies for their DMR system, one of which if 154.8075. Their new license is WQMR248 and includes the following frequencies:

154.8075 FB
154.860 FB2
159.225 MO

Have you been able to confirm these frequencies and whether the DMR system uses them all?

Metrofire31
Franklin, NC
WQIT636 (GMRS)

Status
Not open for further replies.