More 770 MHz control channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciupa

Database Admin
They will show up on the display and you are correct that you would not be able to listen to them with your current scanner.

bigcam406

ive had it running most of this morning and no tg id's showed up.have all CC's entered and getting 99% signal strength on some of them.is there something else im missing?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Being the Sunday of a long weekend, it might maybe be possible that the techs aren't working today, so the test talkgroups aren't operational.

RainbowSix

Premium Subscriber
On the York region P25 I logged on unitrunker over night and today

RIDs 502500, 555202, 502901, 510133, and 5555555.

Talk groups logged

17501, 17010,

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
if I’m correct they would have to use the APX series modes that are like 2000.00 give and take because of city deal would probley ran them 1000,00 more per radio that adds up quick

There are several other vendors who sell Phase II radios as well as Motorola's lower price APX portables.

Heck, if GO Transit can afford Phase II radios for buses, I don't think it's going to be a big deal for Durham or York Region to buy some.

ninfreak

I think it all comes down to what was in the city budget if they can afford it. do they need the extra bandwidth a lot of city are holding off on the Phase II radios as the price it is a lot cheaper to upgrade a XTS or XTL then it is to buy a ATX. I know GO went with the Phase II to lower their bandwidth now if they had to buy a new radios. might be in the long run to go with the ATX I think in a couple of years u will start to see more phase II to Talkgroups

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I think you mean an APX.

Keep in mind that Durham's system is not Motorola and the police department didn't have much in the way of two way gear. They'll be buying a lot of new equipment and I'm sure they'll get a good deal on Phase II equipment.

ninfreak

I am not debating what they will be getting Phase I or Phase II radios I am just saying it is still much cheaper to buy Phase I radios then it is to buy Phase II radios even if they get a deal on Phase II radios our not hay government loves to spend tax payers money

ninfreak

The 19-site, 700 MHz P25 Phase 2 simulcast system will enable interoperable communications across the Region’s various agencies and for Durham-based users with neighboring public safety agencies. The contract includes Harris XG-25P and XG-75 portable radios, XG-25M and M7300 mobile radios, VRS7010 vehicular repeaters, MASTR® V base stations and C3 MaestroIP Dispatch Consoles

VE3RADIO

Durham and the police are already using the new system apparently

According to a good pal of mine on the force.. not until October.. radios are installed in the cars and such but not connected to the antennas as the old iden stuff is still in use.

A few of us here have been logging this new system for months and have not bother to submit it to RR. Ill upload my talkgroups from Unitrunker when I get around to it

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
It appears this wasn't answered earlier so it's probably worth mentioning.

One of you asked if your Phase I (only) capable scanner will at least show Phase II TGIDs. The answer is probably not. The "go to channel" instruction on most P2 systems is different for P2 than it is for P1, so your P1 scanner will not recognize the instruction. If it does, it'll try to tune to a frequency that either isn't in use or doesn't make sense.

mciupa

Database Admin
A few of us here have been logging this new system for months and have not bother to submit it to RR.

Darn it,story of my life...:roll: Shunned by the cool kids. :(

I'll upload my talkgroups from Unitrunker when I get around to it

OK, in the meantime, I hope I don't kick a ball into your yard. :lol:

Just having some fun with you.:p

VE3RADIO

Darn it,story of my life...:roll: Shunned by the cool kids. :(

OK, in the meantime, I hope I don't kick a ball into your yard. :lol:

Just having some fun with you.:p

Nah Mike your cool..

Yeah I will upload my logs to you.. I have some audio recordings of the testing as well if we only had a files section.

VE3RADIO

Durham Region P25 System

Talkgroup User STATUS NOTES

19819 TESTING CLEAR Tones
65141 POLICE ENC BUSY!
19007 UNKNOWN ENC
19604 UNKNOWN ENC
19805 UNKNOWN ENC
19209 UNKNOWN ENC
19821 TESTING CLEAR Telling Stories
19600 UNKNOWN ENC
19606 TESTING CLEAR Actual Person Counting