More BCDx36HP tutorial videos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Steve do not worry tonight about this. I will send you a PM tomorrow. Do you think this is a scanner problems or just a wrong button somewhere?

Thanks for all your help. Be back in contact tomorrow.

Greg

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Well, another day and yet no success. I have my full data base turned off, and only have my one favorite list on. Page 53 in the 436 manual explains how to turn quick keys off and on. When I turn them off, no problem, but when I try to turn them on as stated in the manual all I get is a beep. I also get the same message: Nothing to Scan.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Okay. I do not understand the quick key system. I just had it working. On the top of the screen it had :FO:9 and then under it SO:9 and that 9 was flashing. It was scanning. But I did something again and the bottom flashing 9 is gone, and I am back to nothing to scan.

Can anyone explain this, as it will not work the way the manual says it should. How do I get my flashing 9 back ??

Thanks

testdummy

I've run into issues that sound like yours when I set up a bunch of aviation related channels in a new Favorites List but didn't have all of the proper "Service Types" enabled. I know you mentioned that in one of your posts, but are you sure that you have the right ones enabled? When you press SERV button on scanner, you will see a list of types - they'll either be :On, :Off, or :--- if that service type is not used in your current Favorites List.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Well..finally..to all the 429 people who have read my dilemma here but had no suggestions, the good news is I now have both #9's flashing..top and bottom. It appears that the frequencies that sentinel gave me are bad as I am picking up nothing...but its working. Systems, departments, and channels are working in harmony.

Steve..thanks for the help. Could you check my PM anyhow? Thanks.

Signal 500--thanks.

To all that read this but could not help...

Greg

zzdiesel

Well, I turned off the full database monitoring in the software, and uploaded only the favorites list. Its all there but keeps telling me Nothing to scan?

Where do I go from here?
I was getting the Nothing to Scan till I right clicked on my new favorites & enabled them in Sentinel before I loaded them in my radio.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Well..finally..to all the 429 people who have read my dilemma here but had no suggestions, the good news is I now have both #9's flashing..top and bottom. It appears that the frequencies that sentinel gave me are bad as I am picking up nothing...but its working. Systems, departments, and channels are working in harmony.

Steve..thanks for the help. Could you check my PM anyhow? Thanks.

Signal 500--thanks.

To all that read this but could not help...

Greg

Greg, one last thing to check. Push the 'Range' button and make sure it is set to 25.0 or greater.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Should I have both favorites flashing while scanning? I have a 9 over 9, both flash together.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Should I have both favorites flashing while scanning? I have a 9 over 9, both flash together.

If you only have favorite number 9 and system number 9 enabled, then yes both of them flashing together is normal operation.

Another question comes to mind. In your system list number 9, have you assigned the quick keys to the departments that are contained in system 9? You will need to do that and also enable them.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
testdummy..sorry..did not see your post.

I set the proper service types in the software, but when I upload to the scanner it picks what it wants and will not allow me to add any.

Doesn't seem right, but when I go into service types on the radio and try to manually add, all I get is a double beep that says NO.

Greg

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Actually, I wiped out the entire #9 lists. I removed it from the software, but the software did not remove it when I updated the scanner.

I made a new favorites list named Cook Co. EMS. I assigned quick key 5, double checked all, and uploaded it. I am now receiving transmissions on that favorites list.

This has been a 3 day uphill battle for me. Maybe I have it right now with a help from you guys.

My concern is that my radio will not allow me to change "service types" It seems it makes up its mind for you and you have nothing to say about it.

Thanks

Greg

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Actually, I wiped out the entire #9 lists. I removed it from the software, but the software did not remove it when I updated the scanner.

I made a new favorites list named Cook Co. EMS. I assigned quick key 5, double checked all, and uploaded it. I am now receiving transmissions on that favorites list.

This has been a 3 day uphill battle for me. Maybe I have it right now with a help from you guys.

My concern is that my radio will not allow me to change "service types" It seems it makes up its mind for you and you have nothing to say about it.

Thanks

Greg

When you 'write to scanner', be sure to click the box that reads, "Erase Favorite Lists on Scanner" or it will leave what was already in the scanner and add whatever else you have created.

I just recently learned that if you use the info from the database and you don't create your favorites from scratch, it will not let us change a thing in the systems we added. I suspect that is the reason why you cannot change the service types.

Status
Not open for further replies.