More changes to my 02 Sport Trac

Status
Not open for further replies.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
You are truly not a radio fan unless you are constantly changing out your equipment.

The in dash unit is a Pyle PLD7MU 7" touchscreen system, the others are (top) Icom F5061 VHF, (middle) RH96 to my 396XT used for 800 and (bottom) Kenwood TK-830 UHF. All units, of course, are remote heads.

I just finished putting in the head unit, so I'll get some more pics up tomorrow - including the antennas!

Attachments

• Full Setup.jpg
    Full Setup.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,980

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Looking good B7...My last vehicle I was always changing things around

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Here are a few more pix of the layout. I'll probably get bored with it in another 6 months and rearrange it again!

Attachments

• View 1.jpg
    View 1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,905
  • View 2.jpg
    View 2.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,789
  • View 3.jpg
    View 3.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,994
  • View 4.jpg
    View 4.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 1,600

N5TWB

I have one of the ICOM 5061 units for 2 meters and like it a lot in that application. Interesting that a dedicated Moto-man has only Icom and Kenwood, for now, at least.

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Hey Mike...

Nice job on the installation, it's real clean!

Bubba's looking in the cupholder for something to eat, I think.

Diggin those puple seat covers, man.....

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Phantom antennas went bye-bye as they just were not making the trip as well as the 1/4 waves. (I may put them up for sale - 1 each VHF, UHF & 800 MHz)

The seat covers are actually a gray color, the camera makes them look purple! :D

Bubba Bear usually steals my Mountain Dew while I'm driving!

Wires were easy to hide as I was able to pull the console out and run them underneath.

Yeah, as a Motorola man, I have started drifting away from the dark side. I still have a pair of XTS2500 UHF and a pair of Saber III UHF in the stable, but I also have a BK VHF portable and a TK272 & TK372 portable! I may be having a Motorola sale on my Spectras as I think I have either 3 or 4 of them in boxes!

Last edited:

UTLNOK

Premium Subscriber
Dear Santa...

Nice install, need more radios though...definitely think needs more radios ...lol

Porkins

Nice setup. By chance were you down in Jackson,Ga (butts county) in the past two weeks? I seen a sport trac that had a few antennas & a amateur radio front plate.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Wasn't me. I used to have the Georgia Flag license plate on the front and not only did someone steal it, but they stole the bracket as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.