More Fires

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Douglas County OEM updating on MAC-2 regarding the Waterton Canyon fire which will become a Type III IMT fire in the AM, also mentioning a possible Type II IMT fire west of Evergreen but have not gotten the size up on that one yet.

It's going to be a >>long<< summer.

Jim<

Last edited:

cstockmyer

Is there somewhere they break down the fire classifications? I see I or II or III I just have no idea witch one is the worst. Is it like burns? Where a 3rd degree is the worst??

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
cstockmyer said:
Is there somewhere they break down the fire classifications? I see I or II or III I just have no idea witch one is the worst. Is it like burns? Where a 3rd degree is the worst??

Type I is the worst or largest national IMT response.

http://www.wildlandfire.com/docs/IIMT.htm

And they've even changed burn classifications to partial and full thickness, 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th degrees are gone interestly enough.

Jim<

skipshark773

I live moderately close to the Waterton Canyon and can actually see them doing the drops. Theyve been operating on the following frequencies, most of them are simplex so youd need a good antenna to listen.

168.725 [CSQ] - Pike NF "Direct"
168.725 [123.0] - Pike NF "Devilshead Repeater"
168.125 [CSQ] - "Devilshead Net"
168.050 [CSQ] - Pike Tac 5
123.025 - Helos
126.025 - Air Tactics
168.650 - Air Net/Flight Following

cstockmyer

jimmnn said:
Type I is the worst or largest national IMT response.

http://www.wildlandfire.com/docs/IIMT.htm

And they've even changed burn classifications to partial and full thickness, 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th degrees are gone interestly enough.

Jim<

Thanks Jim! Do they still use thoes fire fighters- sorry the name does not come to mind- that jump into fires from aircraft? Or did that end after storm king?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.