More fun with new D.O.D system at Millington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airdorn

Hey all.

Starting this past weekend, I have been hearing another Apco P25 control channel on 380.2750. I'm using a yagi aimed squarely at Millington. I'm in Cordova, TN.

Now, there's the other P25 control channel that we've talked about lately over on 380.075 that is VERY strong and clear for me since I made myself a nifty 380Mhz yagi. :)

But even with said yagi, this new offering is so weak, that not even my BCD996T senses the CC and displays the sysID. :(

The weird part is... if this is part of the same D.O.D. system, then why do I hear control channel on 380.275? Are they just testing something, and maybe there's no identifying information to be picked-up?

Also, I heard another P25 control channel over on 344.075, but it turned out to be some kind of mirror of 380.075. The SysID was same as the 380.075 system.

Anyway, if anyone could take a listen on 380.2750 and maybe get a sysID, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks

Airdorn

Hello,

There was some more activity on the DOD system today. Very little, though.

TGID 28012 -- I got 2 hits on that, lasting a couple of seconds.

TGID 28780 had a bit of activity too. That TGID is already known by us.

I recorded it, but it was just a bit of random noise. No conversation at all. The sum total of it all was maybe 3 seconds in length.

fireEmt5281

DOD radios installed

Motorola 5000 XTL remote mounts have been installed in all of the fire apparatus and new fleet of Security cars.

Also have GPS installed in aforementioned vehicles.

Radio tech is assembling more info for me, and will post when he contacts me.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.