More migration to Franklin's P25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Slow evening at work so I cranked out the ole PSR-500 and just out of curiosity I started scanning my Williamson County objects and noticed a stronger signal from Franklin's TRS. Usually it was spotty from Nashville Airport. I'm convinced a new repeater has been added in Brentwood. Then I noticed new talk groups. 114 (Brentwood PD dispatch: still being simulcasted on normal analog freq) and I believe 324 is Williamson County SO dispatch (being simulcasted on normal analog freq 460.5). So folks I'm thinking before long the SO and City of Brentwood will have arrived in the digital age for good.

Last edited:

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Ok I stand corrected. The signal still ain't that great. Nothing at all in Berry Hill. But it does look like some new users are on it.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
You think these are permanent gateways to BW and WCSO?

CORN

Premium Subscriber
It's hard to tell. I prob jumped the gun a little. Certain spots at I can pick the system up but others it doesn't come in. And I stand correctEd, was in Brentwood today and barely picked up the system so there definitely is not a repeater in Brentwood so without it I don't see how they can do much on the system but Bwood PD dispatch and SO dispatch are being simulcasted on their respective analog conventional frequencies as well as a P25 TGID on Franklin's system. Time will tell I guess.

APTN

CORN, I can confirm that talkgroup 324 is the Sheriff's Office dispatch. I first heard it about a month ago, and spent several days matching up the transmissions to the conventional frequency. Thanks for posting the information about Brentwood. I first heard talkgroup 114 a few days ago, but had not yet identified it.

As far has migration goes, you are right that only time will tell. We'll have to see if any additional agencies are assigned talkgroups for simulcasting.

BTW, I checked on tower information using the FCC's licensing information. I did not find any, only a new control point which corresponded to the Franklin PD's address at its new station.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
CORN, I can confirm that talkgroup 324 is the Sheriff's Office dispatch. I first heard it about a month ago, and spent several days matching up the transmissions to the conventional frequency. Thanks for posting the information about Brentwood. I first heard talkgroup 114 a few days ago, but had not yet identified it.

As far has migration goes, you are right that only time will tell. We'll have to see if any additional agencies are assigned talkgroups for simulcasting.

BTW, I checked on tower information using the FCC's licensing information. I did not find any, only a new control point which corresponded to the Franklin PD's address at its new station.

I just noticed that in the RR database the Franklin system was updated yesterday to show these two talkgroups 114 - BWPD and 324 - WCSO.

Status
Not open for further replies.