More migration to TRBO in Dutchess County...

Status
Not open for further replies.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Seems like Dutchess County DPW parks now have TRBO radios. I think the onsite repeater for both (wilcox and bowdion) parks are still analog though, I will confirm this on *Saturday* All the trucks and portables are XPR's of course, they will also be on nycomco's connect plus system.

DPW Aviation now has TRBO radios but they are still operating in analog mode until they get their FB2 and then they will be switching over to digital.

Next DPW buildings will be switching from edacs to the connect plus system, unsure of the exact time when that should be happening.

As of right now DPW Highway still has their VHF freq 153.7625 linked to the system. I am unsure if this is still temporary or if its going to be a permanent link.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
I would think the COUNTY DPW would leave the link. I know in our county most all the DPW's/Highway have access to the county repeater (VHF). and i am sure when Greene goes to UHF there gonna have a tough time shoving that down all there budgets after most of them just bought radios. Well some are still on Low band they might want to join in depending on the system......

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I would think the COUNTY DPW would leave the link. I know in our county most all the DPW's/Highway have access to the county repeater (VHF). and i am sure when Greene goes to UHF there gonna have a tough time shoving that down all there budgets after most of them just bought radios. Well some are still on Low band they might want to join in depending on the system......

I would think so too in regards to the link, but we are talking about local governments though..
What would lead me to suspect that they would leave the link is the County contracts out to other highway depts to take car of some of the county roads that run through those highway depts town or villages.

There are a few highway depts in Dutchess that operate on UHF, Ameina highway comes to mind, Few years ago when I was working for a local shop I remember installing UHF Vertex's in that highway depts trucks. I also believe Town of Dover highway is on UHF, and maybe even stanford highway as well.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Well as of a few days ago all of Dutchess County DPW has now switched over to NYCOMCO's MotoTrbo system (Highway, Parks,Buildings). The highway VHF freq is still active and linked in, not sure for how much longer.

DPW Aviation Will have their own VHF system at the DC Airport. That system is not online yet and I was told they are still in analog.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Felt as I should give an update. Few weeks ago the VHF link on 153.7625 (DC Highway) was taken down. All of their comms are strictly digital now on NYCOMCO's TRBO system

As of right now DPW Aviation (Dutchess County Air Port) is still analog simplex

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I remember when DC Highway switched to EDACS a few years ago (very short lived) they turned their old frequency 156.135 over to the Sheriff's office. They ended up dumping the EDACS and went back to VHF. So who knows what will happen this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.