More MSP Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbluemsp

Sadly the company that makes the bubble for MSP (UNITY MFG.) decided to no longer make the Spitfire Dome with the 2 clear lines in it due to cost because only a few departments use that dome. They told MSP that if they wish to continue to order the Beacon that they will have to use a solid color dome. THIS BITES REAR END.

Thus new Pics

20fak9f.jpg

20fal1z.jpg

Also the current order of cars is 1 bubble car to every 5 slick tops. Seems that MSP is going to go with more slick top cars.

bigbluemsp

Another department that uses the Unity RV26 beacon but Chelsea uses a 4 lamp head compared to MSP using the 2 lamp head

rnpca0359-vi.jpg

rnpca0359a-vi.jpg

IMG

Thorny41587

I don't know about anyone else but I like just the blue light on police cars. Here in Holland they have only blue leds. Even on grille on the car. Red reminds me of Fire/EMS.

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
I just can't get over how huge that light is :)

I take it LE can run red and/or blue across the pond, eh? That city car looks like it belongs in the deep south.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks for the Chelsea pix. I havn't seen a big blue bubble since Detroit went to light bars.
Shows how old I am, eh?

GTO_04

I have a question about that last pic, the one of the MSP car with the Spitfire dome. What kind of radar is that? It looks like a Ka band radar unit. What caught my eye was the black antenna lens, which is unusual. Is that perhaps an MPH BEE III? The reason I ask is that I don't see many around these parts.

GTO_04

bigbluemsp

GTO_04 said:
I have a question about that last pic, the one of the MSP car with the Spitfire dome. What kind of radar is that? It looks like a Ka band radar unit. What caught my eye was the black antenna lens, which is unusual. Is that perhaps an MPH BEE III? The reason I ask is that I don't see many around these parts.

GTO_04

Its a genesis but I can't remember which model it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.