MORE NWLA Parishes go 700...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka5lqj

Hi Guys!

I learned today from a reliable source that Bossier PD, Fire, & City Marshall have gone 700 MHZ, joining DeSoto, Webster, Claiborne, & Bienville parishes. I didn't find out if any were encrypted other than some of the Bossier S/O, DeSoto S/O and the Mansfield Police. So far the DeSoto Fire Districts are still on high-band VHF.

I'll still monitor the high-band VHF frequencies here for those parishes to see if they will still use them as back-up. I'm sure the low-band 39MHz have been abandoned. :-(

So far, East Texas hasn't started this yet, so I can still get the skinny when the weather is bad and headed this way. That's the ONLY reason I would monitor it.

It's a conspiracy I tell you. The cops just don't want us to know they are in the doughnut shops or Circle K's all day, LOL! Next time you see a police person, look them in the eye, if their eyeballs are glazed over then they have been eating too many doughnuts, LOL!

I have my own theories as to why all the re-banding and encryption is going on, but I'll keep it to myself. Less verbally said, the better.

GOD BLESS,

Don/KA5LQJ

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
:lol:
Don, this has been in the works since Katrina. The state makes it too attractive to other entities not to be on the LWIN, unlike the old Motorola system that the state had silly subscriber fees on.

You are just gonna have to save your ducats for a digital scanner. I might point out that several vendors are selling several of them at pretty hot prices right now.

ka5lqj

Uniden BCD996XT, LOL!

TGIF, Lou, All!

My main purpose for listening to any of the Part 90 agencies is for severe weather. I don't really care to hear the day-to-day traffic. If it's a cold front coming in from the Northwest, a hurricane, or even a Nor'easter. If it's causing damage, then I want to know to spread the word to everyone else. It's just my 7P's training at Western Electric....Prior Proper Planning Prevents Pitifully Poor Performance. You know, Be Alert, the World needs more Lerts.

I have a lot of family within 50 miles from me and not only do I pass the bad wx conditions along to other hams, I also contact the relatives as well by 'phone.

I'm saving for the 996XT. I think it will soot my needs. I've often thought about why someone doesn't have an SDR scanner that would receive from say 500 kcs to 1.3gcs and could hear cw, am, lsb, usb, fm, and digital modes (cell 'phones excluded). But, as I understand from others, the hold back is the sound card.

Rather chilly this morning (46º), but it will warm up later and chance of rain tonight. After it warms up, I need to go check the coax on my 2 meter J-pole. It may be Black Friday, but I don't get my disability check until the 3rd and most of that is going for bills and groceries.

Have a great weekend and Geaux LSU! LOL!

GOD BLESS,

Don/KA5LQJ

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
Hey Don And Lou

Lou, You dont have a 700 P-25 radio i assume also, I am hearing alot still on the radio here and its not a treunking radio, but the 700 mhz band is not as bad as it sounds, just cost more to listen to, as bad as it sounds, i wish i could say its going to be better, it may, the p-25 radios are coming down slowly and with sales coming for after christmas, i think rat shack will have sales at that time, but 700 is not bad , just used sometimes for bs uses like animal control or public works, and nonsence crap that can be used for interop uses for fire and leo departments, my 2 cents and now a days the pennies are useless :lol:,

warm regards
Ricco

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Lou, You dont have a 700 P-25 radio i assume ...
Well you know about assume.

I have had a trunk tracking 700 MHz capable P25 scanner since BCD396T came out. I think I had one in my hands 3 or 4 days after it's release. I now own 3 TT 700 MHz capable radios; so what made you think I didn't have one?

ka5lqj

WOW!

THREE Trunk-Tracking 700 MHz radios? I have to wait until the wife's "Butter & Egg Money" gets right to get even one! LOL! I hope by the time I get the 'dough' they haven't gone all encrypted. :-(

The ONLY purpose in my listening is when the weather is bad. We get cyclones from the Northwest out of Oklahoma and Texas, occasionally bad weather will come in from the East or South. I don't listen to most police radio traffic, well I do listen to the Caddo S/O, because they protect us and we're essentially out of the Shreveport city limits ("thank GOD!"). I do listen to the fire calls up here in Fire District 1. Fire District 2 merged with Fire District 1 this year and we now have good ambulance service. ;-) Before, it was a private company (Ballentine) out of Shreveport.

I listen to the fire calls in East Texas as well, especially during bad weather. I've had several tornados pass within 1,000 feet of the house, but headed parallel to the fence line, LOL! It messed up the trees on that vacant lot and went on East. One skipped over us and came down on North Market (US 71 & LA 1) and destroyed a hardware store, rose up and moved East into Bossier Parish. One went about a mile East of me where a fellow ham lives (KB5LE). John was at work and his wife is a quadaplegic. It went through the yard and never touched the house. Cathy was beside herself until John got home.
He left work after it was determined where the path of the storm was going.

So, you SEE why I want to figure all this 700, rebanding 800, and getting the VHF low-band, VHF high-band, Lo-band UHF, etc. all lined up.

Wow, nearly 2 AM! I slept all day today, worn out from my physical therapy tests. My appointment was at 2 pm and they kept me until 4:30pm. Every muscle hurts. They said it was for 'range of motion'. I stretched, bent, squated, stood up with no help or even my cane. I go back Monday at 3
to start the program, LOL!

Well, Y'll have a great Saturday. I'm sleeping in.

GOD BLESS,
Don/KA5LQJ

Status
Not open for further replies.