More on Houston STARNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

sconsole

I live in League City and LCPD and VFD have evidently joined STARNET. I have a RS Pro 94a and have reprogramed to the new freq's but having mixed results...sometimes I get everything and then it's like they have gone away and there is nothing, then it comes back in the middle of something that has obviously been going on for a while. Is there something in STARNET that I am missing??? I am not highly educated in the world of radio and this change has me learning more about my scanner than I ever imagined!!! I never had this problem with their old system so I don't think I have a problem with my scanner, just the operator....will someone who is familiar with the system help educate me, please!!!!!??????

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
It sounds as if the conversation is moving off the tower you have programmed. The 94 can only do one tower per bank if I remember correctly, so what is the next closest tower? Program it in another bank and scan both to see if that solves the problem. Another possibility is (and remember I am shooting from the hip here) doesn't the 94 require that all the frequencies be programmed in for the site? Have they added any, moved any, etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.