More password problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd5y

Today I was unable to log in to the wiki. No problems with the rest of the site.
The wiki said Login error Incorrect password entered. Please try again.
I haven't changed my password since the systemwide problem last week. Something else broke today.

So I changed my password for the main site using my account page.
That didn't work for the wiki and broke the main site.
I logged out and cleared all cookies.
Then I wasn't able to log in to the main site or the wiki.
I used the forgot password link on the main site and changed my password again.
Then I was able to log in to the main site and forums but still not the wiki.
I used the E-mail new password button on the wiki.
I logged in to the wiki with the new temporary password and then changed it to the new systemwide password I made just before this.
Now it looks like everything works.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Lindsay, When working on stuff like this its never broken, its a feature that you have not enabled yet. LOL

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yes, I disabled something in the Wiki for testing... which caused login problems. I've fixed it now. You'll need to make sure and login with your RadioReference username and password into the Wiki...

Note that when something like this happens (you can't login, password problem etc) - you are much better served by opening up a support request/ticket in our support system. Litigating these issues in public are going to cause delays in us responding and probably confusing other members with your own specific support requests.

Thanks,

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Lindsay pushed that darn ole red button again. Even though we keep taping a sign to "Never Push The Red Button." (Pushes Red Button to illustrate.) LOL anyway, Lindsay is correct, use the system please and thank you.

oilmillcharlie

Premium Subscriber
Just spent 15 minutes trying to change my password on the main page. No matter what I tried it gave me an error that the passwords didn't match. Retyped numerous times and also did a copy and paste of text in a word document. Unable to aces the main page, help files or "contact us" link There seems something in RR is adding a character to one of the new password fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.