More Pirate Action.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niagaraeye

Tuned into 6924.7 KHZ today at 19:04 UTC (Feb. 26) in the Niagara region of Southern Ontario, and encountered an AM broadcast already in progress, with an ID at 19:05 of "This is Sonia Norwood and you're listening to Family Radio". A mixed bag of tunes including pipe organ music, a version of the song "Mad World", assorted dance music and even the occasional Celtic ballad among other things. The signal varied in strength from a peak of S9, fading regularly for short periods to S6. Off at 19:51 UTC.

Jimepage

Wish I could put an oudoor antenna out and join in on the festivities. I hate my neighbors. Id rather live in a trailer then an apartment having your neighbor living in your a^^ gets old!

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I sit and listen
I hear the static all around me
Terry and the Pirates
People losing their minds
For no reason
I just can't believe

Do they not know you?
Any love for you?
So many pirates
So sick of crying; help me
Will it ever change?
Calling on your name
Pirate radio, turn the radio on

Niagaraeye

6925 MHZ AM was active when I tuned in at 4:19 UTC tonight and caught a few seconds of Bob Marley's "Jammin" with the signal quickly fading abruptly to an unreadable level. Signal strength was poor, barely rising above an S6 noise floor here in the Niagara region of southern Ontario. Since I observed a weak carrier still present on the waterfall display, I continued to monitor, and at 4:25 UTC I caught a snippet of what sounded like old school hip hop music; again very poor signal quality and it faded back into the noise floor within a minute or so. Signal climbed back to barely readable again at 4:30 UTC and once again heard what sounded like Bob Marley's "Jammin". Rechecked the frequency again at 4: 35 and carrier was gone. No ID was heard at any point. Did anybody else catch this?

Jimepage

I had received Dr Who MAC Shortwave Radio LOUD here on the East coast. Sounded like he was from england. So might explain why I was listening soo early. He had very litttle fade and was 20 over. Some songs by Jimi, beatles steppenwolf all cover versions I believe. there were others but I was working and my dad put fm radio on instead BOO!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.