Morehead City NCPRN site down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kn4ptu

Hi,

My last 2 visits to the area I have not been successful using the NCPRN DMR W4YMI Newport repeater. I don't show up in the Last Heard report and the Echotest talkgroup doesn't work. However I do get a connect tone. Is the site working? ncprn.net doesn't have the system status report any more, so I can't check it there.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
The site has connectivity issues. The same issues are being experienced on the GMRS repeater as both use the same internet provider.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
The site owner provides internet for free, but their network manager updated their security protocols and it killed our inbound/outbound paths. We have been working with him to get it resolved, but it has been difficult for everyone to get together at the same time to try and demonstrate and fix the problems.

kn4ptu

Hi,

Thanks for the update. I sure understand how hard it is to get the right people together to get a problem resolve.

I assume that the EchoTest TG is linked just like the PRN and other TGs, since it is not working. If the Local TG wasn't linked to the Jacksonville repeater, would it still work in this case?

Another incentive to get a P25 radio to try out your repeater. Got any recommendations on what used Moto HT to buy? I have a account with Motorola, so I should be able to buy the CPS. I would rather get something fairly current that uses a USB programming cable instead of fiddling around with DOS. (I knew I should have kept those diskettes)

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Most of the people are using Motorola XTS 2500 or 5000's on the P25 network. Those radios utilize Astro25 CPS, which uses Windows 7 and USB cables.

If there is no internet, the DMR repeater cannot connect to the C-Bridge, so it cannot link to other repeaters or services, so Echo Test won't work, nor will the permanent link to Jacksonville or Richlands. The Jacksonville repeater is still online, but doesn't have very good coverage in Morehead. That site does pretty good towards the beaches and does a good job of covering Onslow. I moved three of the repeaters from there to a VIPER site, which works much better. I could not move all 5 due to freq separation limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.