Moreno valley police

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctadam12

Moreno Valley does not have a police dept. You mean the Riverside Co. Sheriff contract city of Moreno Valley.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
I want to buy the Uniden TrunkTracker III. Will this work?

Before you go out and spend big bucks on a scanner, be aware that Riverside County is just a couple of years out from implementing a county wide system upgrade that will render your scanner useless.

The existing system is EDACS, so any scanner capable of receiving an EDACS trunking system will work.

The replacement system will be a two slot TDMA digital system, and to my knowledge, no one is marketing, or planning, a scanner capable of receiving that format.

cousinkix1953

Before you go out and spend big bucks on a scanner, be aware that Riverside County is just a couple of years out from implementing a county wide system upgrade that will render your scanner useless.

The existing system is EDACS, so any scanner capable of receiving an EDACS trunking system will work.

The replacement system will be a two slot TDMA digital system, and to my knowledge, no one is marketing, or planning, a scanner capable of receiving that format.
It sounds like he's better off just listening to them on the internet while he still can. No use blowing big $$$ on a scanner; when Riverside is going the way of Orange county. The CHP might not be encrypted; but it doesn't take even a trunk tracker, to keep up with the smokeys or other state agencies.

I've heard talk about the city of Palo Alto buying those TDMA rigs too. This is a wealthy community; so they can afford to buy the most expensive toys for the police department.

Making a TDMA scanner is probably prohibited by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986. Don't hold your breath waiting for the new toys...

Status
Not open for further replies.