Morgan county, Martinsville Indiana frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam1028

I'm kind of confused. Used to be that I could hear and pick up Morgan county and Martinsville, Indiana frequencies.
I am aware that these frequencies have changed, but I just cannot seem to find them.
I am using an old radio shack scanner with trunk tracking, although I'm not sure how the trunk tracking feature works on it.
Any other frequencies I might be able to listen to ??
Thanks

Viper43

Time to upgrade as both Morgan County and Martinsville are on the statewide SAFET system which is a trunked system and uses both analog and digital talkgroups. Morgan County has just 2 talkgroups your old MIGHT catch, firegrounds 1 and 2 as they are the only analog talkgroups, all others are digital so you will need a digital scanner.
I say your old scanner might catch those TG's because I don't know if your old scanner is capable of dealing with the rebanding or whether Morgan Counties sites have rebanded yet.
Don't toss the old scanner though! As they learned during the floods SAFET was overloaded so they went back to the old system for that so keep it running too. You will find the SAFET system here: Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies
And then read the forums for the digital scanners as well as the Wiki to learn about digital scanners. FYI W9NES has 3 996T's for sale that I know of, he's here in the forums.
Get ready for some reading!

V

Last edited:

sam1028

Thanks for the response Viper43
I'll have to wait awhile before I up-grade. Money's kind of funny right now !
I tried to use one of the new digital converter box'es on it like they make for TV's, but couldn't make it happen.
Thanks Again !!
sam

PS: I still hear a couple of them talking every now and then on 159.09. Just not very often and it's car to car.

Last edited:

Viper43

yup, and thats about what you'll get until it hits the fan again and SAFET is too busy they will revert to the old system so keep the present scanner going.
What you talkin bout, money is funny all the time! lol
Those digital converters won't work for this, just save your $$ and keep an eye here or fleBay for a deal on a digital scanner.

V

Status
Not open for further replies.