Morgans Corner Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

car2back

I was :D

2,500 acres burned before we got it shut down; the BIA, Skiatook, Collinsville Rural, Barnsdall Rural, Avant, Green Country, Hominy, Hominy Ranchers, Country Corner, Sperry, Blackdog, Osage Hills, Rock, Sandsprings, Berryhill, North 48 FD, were all out on Mutual aid. The BIA/Forestry also had one of those neato tanker planes that dumped twice.

It was hot! One Firefighter had to be transported by Skiatook EMS for smoke inhalation & heat exhaustion.

Big thanks to the Red Cross for bringing their "rehab wagon" out; it was a lifesaver. One neat thing was they went back into town and went to local burger joints asking for donations of food; Carl's Jr. gave 400 burgers for the firefighters to eat out there. (On another note, McCrapper told the Red Cross they'd need "atleast two weeks notice to even consider it" :roll: . I think I might write a letter to the editor in the local paper about that )

Last edited:

OkRob

Well, Phil, next time you're gonna have a monster fire, you better give them 2 weeks notice first. Maybe you should go by there tomorrow and tell them you're going to have a huge fire two weeks from next Friday and they should start getting your order ready. :)

I have been at many disaster sites where there was donated food everywhere. Amazing how the local establishments usually step up to the plate at times like that. I worked at the Murrah Bldg site and there was food everywhere. One of the pizza chains setup a mobile kitchen and you could go up and say "I need 12 pizza's" and they'd hand them to you with a smile on their face. They were hauling pizza's out of there by the car loads for the folks manning the roadblocks on the perimeter.

Those folks are a real blessing at a time like that. Hurrah for Carl's Jr. and the Red Cross!

- Rob

car2back

OkRob said:
Those folks are a real blessing at a time like that. Hurrah for Carl's Jr. and the Red Cross!

Amen to that! I wasn't real big on Carls Jr before, but I'd rather eat there over McDonalds now any day! Also, I think I recall a Skiatook Fire Officer saying something like "They better give us 2 weeks notice if they ever have a fire" I know he was just kidding, but still...:D

Medic32

me 2! i can watch that over and over and still laugh

"unit 23, do you need me out there? do you need my assistance?"

Status
Not open for further replies.