***Morgantown~ & ~Monongalia: Need Help***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mylan

Since the Monongalia county DB page is full of itinerant business BLUE, RED, GREEN and PURPLE nonsense and does not say anything about what this actually means, can someone please tell me? That update is over three years old.... Is it still Valid??? Contrary to what is stated in the DB, there is nothing in any wiki that I can find about that.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MORE IMPORTANTLY
I am wondering something

Thanks to a recent "User Submitted" update, I now see where Mon County and City of Morgantown have several talkgroups for the IRP, yet in the RRDB there are still all the old conventional channels listed with absolutely no mention about any agencies other than the sheriff as using the state system.....

I'm going to Morgantown... Should i program all those conventional frequencies into my scanner and expect to hear anything or will I be pretty much good to go if I have all the channels from the WVIRP and scan that system..

..Is this DB page accurate or is it simply misleading myself and others into thinking that if we put those 18 frequencies in our scanner that we'll be hearing everything- Mon fire, Mon EMS, WVU PD, Granville & Westover PD's and City of Morgantown??? could it simply be that those talkgroups listed in the WVIRP state system are simply for "possible future use"

What is the deal?

lilbphotoman

Quickly looking I don't see any of this "BLUE, RED, GREEN and PURPLE nonsense" you are talking about. BUT......

Mon. Co. is fully using the WVIRP. You can get the talk group info at West Virginia Interoperability Radio Project (WVIRP) Trunking System, Statewide, West Virginia - Scanner Frequencies. Be sure to get your system frequencies for the Mon. Co. towers entered in your scanner. Also be sure to have talkgroup information for "Regional EMS - MedCom Talkgroups", "State Police - Troop 1: Shinnston Talkgroups", "State Colleges and Universities Talk Groups", "Monongalia County (31) Talkgroups", and "Monongalia County (31) Morgantown Talkgroups".

The reason why you are seeing all the standard frequencies on Monongalia County, West Virginia (WV) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference is because they have patched the WVIRP to also transmit and receive the old legacy frequencies while agencies get new equipment and converted. I imagine some of the VFD folks also maintain a desire for the legacy frequencies so they can monitor their fire companies on their old trusty scanner with out having to upgrade to a digital.

You will hear more conversations with the WVIRP than the standard frequencies as it allows some of the smaller agencies to have their own "private" talkgroup/channel that never had them before. Also the digital mostly sounds much better than the standard frequencies. With digital you either hear it or you don't unlike the analogue standard frequencies that may only be staticy with weak reception.

If your scanner will, let it search for new talkgroups rather than scan only the ones you have saved. Morgantown has lots of visitors from across the state either because of ambulances transporting patients to and from West Virginia University Hospitals (Ruby) or police units assisting with WVU games which cause their talkgroups to start transmitting on Mon. Co. Towers.

Additionally there are some standard frequencies also on Monongalia County, West Virginia (WV) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference that will never be put on the WVIRP for example the Mountain Line Transit Authority (busses), or the WVU Physical Plant (Maintenance Dept.) that are still fun to put in to listen to.

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Monongalia frequencies

Since the Monongalia county DB page is full of itinerant business BLUE, RED, GREEN and PURPLE nonsense and does not say anything about what this actually means, can someone please tell me? That update is over three years old.... Is it still Valid??? Contrary to what is stated in the DB, there is nothing in any wiki that I can find about that.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MORE IMPORTANTLY
I am wondering something

Thanks to a recent "User Submitted" update, I now see where Mon County and City of Morgantown have several talkgroups for the IRP, yet in the RRDB there are still all the old conventional channels listed with absolutely no mention about any agencies other than the sheriff as using the state system.....

I'm going to Morgantown... Should i program all those conventional frequencies into my scanner and expect to hear anything or will I be pretty much good to go if I have all the channels from the WVIRP and scan that system..

..Is this DB page accurate or is it simply misleading myself and others into thinking that if we put those 18 frequencies in our scanner that we'll be hearing everything- Mon fire, Mon EMS, WVU PD, Granville & Westover PD's and City of Morgantown??? could it simply be that those talkgroups listed in the WVIRP state system are simply for "possible future use"

What is the deal?
I agree with lilbphotoman. It has been several months since I've been up that way but most agencies up there are 100% on the WVIRP system. Harrison Co. still simulcasts traffic on the conventional dispatch frequencies. I think Marion simulcasts the Fairmont Police (last time I was there it was.) I think Monongalia is 100% WVIRP. They were simulcasting the Mon. Sheriff but I don't know whether they still do or not. I guess I'll find out next weekend when I go up to Pennsylvania.

Chad

Mylan

OK thanks guys... I think one of the DB admins should note this fact on the page somewhere because i would say that it is important for people to know about this switch....

about the itinerant business BLUE, RED, GREEN and PURPLE ........ there is a note at the top of the frequencies list that is from september of 06 talking about it.... does anyone know what that means/meant?

MOTOROLANUT

Mon Marion

Ditto, Simulcast in Harrison for Bridgeport PD, Clarksburg PD, Harrco Sheriff.
Fairmont PD and Marion Sheriff 100% WVIRP
Morgantown PD is 100% WVIRP, but the Monogahlia Sheriff Dept is WVIRP and Simulcast.

Enjoy Motown....It will soon be the largest city in WV..

Status
Not open for further replies.