Morris Co, NJ Area Scanner Buffs with BlackBerry's

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
Hey all,

So I was thinking of something - we all know of those incident paging networks/companies like BNN, 1RWN, or IPN, but what if we started some small buff group on BBM (BlackBerry Messenger) that was not for profit - a group of local buffs in the area of Morris County, NJ to share info on incidents and to chat about what's happening in the scanner world. Rather than signing up to become a dispatcher, I would get a couple people that have blackberry's to join the group and we could talk about incidents whenever...good idea? :)

08GMC4X4

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I'm game.

08GMC4X4

Yes Sir, I live in the Morristown area and monitor: Morris County Conv, Morris MIRS, NJSP Troop B, allong with the UASI, NJTAC, UTAC and VTAC. Also whatever else I find interesting ie kmmu, essex, newark

08GMC4X4

Sounds good. Just FYI I have a BCD396xt I am fairly new to digital and trunking.

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
So does anyone else think this is a good idea just for fun? The intent of it would be to be "in the know" of course, without having to sign up with those fancy companies. Rather than reporting for the newspapers and television stations, this is just for us buffs! :)

We would listen as we normally do to our scanners whenever we do and when you hear something that is interesting enough in the MORRIS CO AREA ONLY, we go on the bbm group and let group members know!

Any good names for the group? I was thinking Buffs with BlackBerry's but that's too long for a name lol

EMTguy

Because BBM has BBM Groups which makes it simpler for group messaging, then texts...

08GMC4X4

Also there is no lag or delay with bbm, its more of a instant message. All you would be able to monitor bbscanner.

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
I was going to do it but I decided that it was too much of a hassle lol - that's why they have the Incident forum here on RadioReference, right? Lets just be buffs on there lmao :)

Last edited:

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
NNJ Scanner Buffs BBM Group

Ok everyone - I bit the bullet and decided to create a BBM group! The group's name is NNJ Scanner Buffs - I attached a picture of the group barcode so all you'll have to do is scan it to join. Intent of the group is to chat with buffs about incidents occuring around Morris Co/northern NJ :) Just be sure to tell me your location when you request to join the group since there is a limit of 30 people and I would only like to have scanner buffs in Northern NJ (Morris/Somerset Co's area) to join.

Also, be sure to join the RadioReference group "NNJ Scanner Buffs" The RadioReference.com Forums - NNJ Scanner Buffs

Attachments

• barcode.JPG
    barcode.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
Had to delete group due to issue with my blackberry - please disregard this post...again I am so sorry about this!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.