Morris County EMS/Fire Dispatch Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
Can someone please explain to me what "PL" is? I live in Morris County (EMT/scanner buff) and while I have my pager with me, if I am 20 miles away I want to be able to hear what is going on with my Pro-106 portable scanner. Would I be able to use this with this new high frequency? I am using the regular stock antenna if I bring the scanner in my car.

Thanks!

SCPD

QRT
PL (Private Line) is the trade name Motorola gave it years ago. I believe GE when they were in the 2-way business called it "Channel Guard".

DJ88

Just to add.....CTCSS & PL are one and the same. DCS & DPL, also one and the same, are digital versions of CTCSS & PL. The "digital" has nothing to do with digital radio systems. Only conventional radio systems use these. Digital radio systems use NAC, which is similar. If a frequency uses no PL or DPL, or isn't "PLed" as you put it, it is CSQ (carrier squelch).

Last edited:

RocketNJ

Thanks so much! So I am guessing that right now this new Morris Co frequency is not PL'ed?

No PL. Set the scanner for carrier squelch for the paging channel. The next nearest user is in Syosset, NY so listening with CSQ should be no problem since there is no co-channel users within range of the scanner receiver.

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! I tried listening to the new frequency (the UHF freq for Morris Co) and I didn't hear anything for my nightly test although I did hear beeps after it...

W2SJW

Database Admin
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8350i/4.6.1.313 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/103)

Only the FD's and squads that currently use the TRS for regular ops will be heard on this new paging frequency.

It's similar to the way Somerset is using their 470.1375 channel...

RocketNJ

Thanks! I tried listening to the new frequency (the UHF freq for Morris Co) and I didn't hear anything for my nightly test although I did hear beeps after it...

What agency? As Scott pointed out not all agencies' tones are being sent across it now. It is in a test status now where some of the paging tones are going out. Some agencies just have the voice message with no tones. If you did not hear a voice message but immediately heard the CW ID at the end then I'd say your squelch on the scanner is too tight or you may be on the fringe of coverage for the test transmitter.

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
Just one more question - is this new UHF frequency the County is going to use be the main dispatch channel for all the towns Morris Co dispatches for? What I mean is are they going to break away from using separate dispatch freq's for each town?

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
Oh okay thanks! You think I should add that frequency to my scanner now and L/Out until they use it? Are they going to start using it in January?

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
Thanks RocketNJ! I just added the frequency 476.2875 to my scanner. For mod, I set it as NFM, like you said before. I named it "Morris Co Disp" - don't know what else to call it lol.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.