Morris County EMS/Fire Dispatch Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Does anyone have the tones for the departments dispatched by the county so I can set them up in my 996XT? If you don't want to post them, PM me.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Why do you say that? I have my entire county's pager tones for Fire and EMS as well as neighboring counties. NF2G.com has a good majority of New York State listed as well.

And, scanners have a feature just like the old PL/DPL search where you can search for pager tones. The "Fire Tone Out Search / built-in frequency counter displays the received tones on the desired frequency. I have this feature on my 996XT. I was just wondering if someone who lived in the county (vs. me driving through daily) had already done some searching. If not, I'll have to just park the scanner on the new paging frequency. Won't take long to figure out.

SCPD

QRT
Okay. IMHO, as an ex-EMT, I would not want my dept.'s pager tone info released to the public. If it wasn't for the fact that our radio repair guy seeing me at the firehouse when he was installing radios, I doubt I would have been given that information.

Some radio's are capable of sending pager tones. I know moto waris series radios have this capability. I would be a little weary if there was some clown out there transmitting pager tones, when no call actually existed.

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Not hard to find out

Okay. IMHO, as an ex-EMT, I would not want my dept.'s pager tone info released to the public. If it wasn't for the fact that our radio repair guy seeing me at the firehouse when he was installing radios, I doubt I would have been given that information.

Some radio's are capable of sending pager tones. I know moto waris series radios have this capability. I would be a little weary if there was some clown out there transmitting pager tones, when no call actually existed.

My Scanner can Decode Pager Tone Codes , (and Im not refering to a PL tone) So there really isnt any big secret here . Oops should have read post before E911God already explained that .. My bad for not reading ....

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I would be a little weary if there was some clown out there transmitting pager tones, when no call actually existed.

Oh I agree 100%. Now for the but....it's just as easy for that same clown to kerchunk the repeater with information that is readily available on this and other websites, the FCC ULS, etc. And IMHO, if they are smart enough to program receive/transmit freqeuncies and PL's into a radio, then programming paging tones as well is just as easy.

My point is...everyone seems to make a big deal about pager tones. But they are the same people that submit frequency and PL tones to the database which could cause just as much damage, such as people using that informaion to step on someone when they are trying to transmit in an emergency. Should we stop that as well? Maybe take this site down?

Anyway, current scanner models (like my 996xt) have the capability of decoding this information just like a scanner decodes PL and DPL. The reason scanner manufacturers added this feature is because listeners don't want to listen to numerous people using the same frequency...they only want to hear a specific agency...hence, the reason for PL. One example is the NORCON paging frequency in Bergen County. Numerous departments use the same frequency, but individual departments have added their own specific PL so you don't have to listen to everyone get paged out...only the agency you want to hear. Allendale uses 77.0, Franklin Lakes uses 131.8 and Wycoff/MP use 151.4.

With the agencies being dispatched by the county switching to a common UHF paging channel in Morris County, I for one could care less what is goling on in Harding or Chester or the Mendhams when I just want to know when Morris Plains is going out...hence, the fire tone out feature.

Lastly, as I previously posted..if you are uncomfortable posting this information, I indicated you could PM me. Just my .02

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
Anyway, current scanner models (like my 996xt) have the capability of decoding this information just like a scanner decodes PL and DPL. The reason scanner manufacturers added this feature is because listeners don't want to listen to numerous people using the same frequency...they only want to hear a specific agency...hence, the reason for PL. One example is the NORCON paging frequency in Bergen County. Numerous departments use the same frequency, but individual departments have added their own specific PL so you don't have to listen to everyone get paged out...only the agency you want to hear. Allendale uses 77.0, Franklin Lakes uses 131.8 and Wycoff/MP use 151.4.

Not trying to make you look bad, but Wyckoff and Midland Park and Central Dispatch use 123.0 not 151.4 on 158.9400. Just hoping you didn't put 151.4 in on any of your radios. Waldwick is the pain in the neck on that frequency they use CSQ no PL at all, so if you want to hear them you will either have to listen with no PL or lockout one of the other tones which is hard because of 131.8 and 77.0 and 123.0 all being used.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Alarmguy is correct and you can never make me look bad, just a little slow that's all. I was going off the top of my head instead of looking at my scanner. And sometimes the top of my head isn't so great :)

I didn't know that Waldwick was CSQ though. Now I know why I never hear them go out. Thanks Alarmguy ! And you make my point even more. Now if I just wanted to listen to Waldwick, I could use the tone-out feature since they run CSQ. Without it, I'm SOL and have to listen to everyone on the frequency.

SCPD

QRT
Tonight i heard MC Comm Center do a test with Station 59 Fire (Lyons VA Hosptial, Somerset County). Just thought i let everyone know.

Last edited:

NjFire26

Station 59

Yes, they have a paging device from Morris County because they are first due for any working fire in Long Hill Township which just moved to Morris County Communications. Since the Lyons VA (59) is a paid department and staffed full time there is always someone on duty at the desk to monitor radio traffic. This is efficient because it allows Morris County to dispatch them quickly, for any Mutual Aid assignment in Long Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.