Morris County EMS/Fire Dispatch Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Is Morris County using the UHF channel they applied for? I can't seem to find the license application, I know I'm doing something wrong.

TIA

Bob

Hope everyone has a nice thanksgiving! Let's not forget about our Troops while were enjoying the day.

DannB

Premium Subscriber
heard something last week

i read the freq. wrong for get what i posted

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
At 6:30 PM, Boonton Township FD test on 46.42 with tone and voice. On 476.2875 just tone i heard.

At 6:40 PM, Brookside FD (Mendham Twp.) on 476.2875 tone and message.

They must only be using the Tower closest to the Mendham's. I'm only using the stock antenna on BCT15 and live in lower Sussex County, it comes in scratchy.

I guess no PL / DPL will be used.

RocketNJ

Why?

The new frequency is only used to alert pagers, which use two tone to decode, not PL.

It is a narrow band frequency which will be simulcast. So the PL will only add distortion, making decoding in fringe coverage areas more challenging than CSQ TX.

So the scanner listeners have to deal with it....

SCPD

QRT
Being Morris County is the only user, i figured it wouldn't have a PL / DPL. I provided that info so everyone reading this would know not to search for one.

robbinsj2

I've had enough problems with Somerset County's simulcast paging channel that I now just program it for carrier squelch and put on the attenuator. All my scanners have had problems losing the PL and closing the squelch in the middle of a transmission. I've had better luck with the PL squelch when I'm in close proximity to a single tower but usually I'm getting a mix of signals from a few.

FWIW, though, Somerset's started out without a PL and it suddenly appeared months (?) later, so do check on it occasionally.

Jim

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Has anyone heard any of the EMS agencies that are dispatched by the county on the new paging frequency?

Also, I need some clarification on the MUN FD talkgroups...who uses MUN FD 1 and who uses MUN FD 2? Is is set up the same as the PD?

I'm showing the following on the TRS for Fire: Boonton Township FD, Mountain Lakes FD, New Vernon FD, Mine Hill Twp FD, Wharton Boro FD, Rockaway Boro Fire. Are the Mendhams here now as well ?

34416 MUN FD 1
34448 MUN FD 2
34576 MUN EMS (Boonton-Kiwanis EMS covering Boonton Town, Boonton Township and Mountain Lakes; New Vernon FAS covering Harding Township; Mendham Township FAS, Mendham Boro FAS, Mine Hill Twp EMS; Netcong Boro FAS, Rockaway Boro FAS ) - anyome else?

Last edited by a moderator:

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
RocketNJ....can you be a little more specific...I asked so many questions, I don' know which one you're answering.

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
Why?

The new frequency is only used to alert pagers, which use two tone to decode, not PL.

It is a narrow band frequency which will be simulcast. So the PL will only add distortion, making decoding in fringe coverage areas more challenging than CSQ TX.

So the scanner listeners have to deal with it....

You answered your own question. Kind of.

It's annoying to listen on the scanner when there is no PL. Although, out this way, it might not be that bad.

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
The Why? was rhetorical.

And the County does not have to appease the scanner listeners.

I'm not asking them to???? I do hope they put a PL on their dispatch.

Many agencies, including my own have, with no issues.

The FD Chiefs I know in Warren Co, all wish that there was on their dispatch channel.

SCPD

QRT
On a decent day Ken, I can hear MO (not pd) very well with an outside antenna. I know the TX is 100w, but still.

nnjradiotech

Premium Subscriber
From the "inside" info that is going around, and seeing that this is going to be a simulcast paging channel it is nearly 100% that there will NOT be a PL of any kind put on this frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.