Morris County, MIRS SDS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnez367

Premium Subscriber
Saw quite a few posts on MIRS. (Interference, implementation, etc)

For some reason, I cannot receive anything on MIRS using sds100. Was able to receive it on my old Homepatrol1. Am I missing something in the SDS100 setting? Loaded it from Sentinel. To the best of my knowledge it is not E.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

K2NEC

MIRS is an interop TG. It would be silly to put E on an interop TG, which BTW, has not been done.
I don't listen to MIRS but considering it is only an interop TG I imagine it isn't all that busy. Give it some time

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
He's referring to the Morris County trunked system as a whole, which some refer to as the MIRS or Morris Interoperable Radio System; he's not talking about the specific talkgroup labeled MIRS-1.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Saw quite a few posts on MIRS. (Interference, implementation, etc)

For some reason, I cannot receive anything on MIRS using sds100. Was able to receive it on my old Homepatrol1. Am I missing something in the SDS100 setting? Loaded it from Sentinel. To the best of my knowledge it is not E.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Try using the Invert filter, it sometimes helps. Although be aware that many have reported the SDS series to have subpar performance on the VHF and UHF bands, in general.

RocketNJ

@jnex367 - Where are you located trying to receive the County system? PM me direct if you need assistance. You can send me your codeplug file for the SDS100 and I can take a look to see if there is a setting incorrect. I use an SDS200 and have no problem receiving the County system with the whip antenna on back of the scanner.

K2NEC

He's referring to the Morris County trunked system as a whole, which some refer to as the MIRS or Morris Interoperable Radio System; he's not talking about the specific talkgroup labeled MIRS-1.
Doh! I'm running off a few hours sleep here so I guess I must have misread entirely. Oops! Sorry OP :sleep:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Doh! I'm running off a few hours sleep here so I guess I must have misread entirely. Oops! Sorry OP :sleep:
Nah, your reply made sense in context, not everyone refers to the whole system as "MIRS", hence some confusion from time to time. All good.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is a hpe favorites list file for Morris County that I did for someone about a year ago. Give it a try.

Attachments

• Morris Co NJ.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 13

jnez367

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the replies. I was specifically talking about TG 1025. Most of the time I do pretty well with other TG's in the Morris County System. Seems like some go out of phase and/or distort, but overall not too bad. Certainly usable.

The Interop system is not too busy, but I have confirmed that I have missed traffic. Quite a bit going on in the early AM hours and I have not caught anything on MIRS TG 1025, using SDS100, ever, even when scanning a very limited selection of frequencies and systems. I still receive other Morris County TG's on the HomePatrol. So I am assuming there have not been any major changes to the overall Morris County System.

I may have to park on TG1025 and see if I receive anything. Hard to believe I could miss everything for months. Thanks for the replies.

Last edited:

jnez367

Premium Subscriber
Here is a hpe favorites list file for Morris County that I did for someone about a year ago. Give it a try.
Thank you. Loaded it into a test Favorites list. Will fire it up and see if I get anything.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I was specifically talking about TG 1025. Most of the time I do pretty well with other TG's in the Morris County System.
Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, as there wouldn't be any difference between TG 1025 or any other TG on the system. They are all part of the same trunked system, and all broadcast from the same transmitters. Anything that would affect your reception of one TG would affect your reception of every other TG.

jnez367

Premium Subscriber
Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, as there wouldn't be any difference between TG 1025 or any other TG on the system. They are all part of the same trunked system, and all broadcast from the same transmitters. Anything that would affect your reception of one TG would affect your reception of every other TG.
You are quite correct. I will put my dunce cap on now. LOL. I suspect it was a matter of having the correct service(s) activated.

Coming from the Home Patrol 1, I believe if you loaded a favorite list, the correct service types were automatically activated, or I never added any services types that were not on by default. Either way, Interop and Multi-Talk were set to off on the SDS100. I have activated both, and I suspect that will solve the problem. Appreciate all the effort everyone put in to helping me out.

As is often the case, the most obvious solution is the answer.

Regards

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Ah, good, glad you got it sorted out! Unfortunately I don't believe that Sentinel does automatically enable all service tags, even if they are in a favorites list. I can't swear to that, I avoid Sentinel as much as possible.

PS - @K2NEC my bad, turns out you were correct, he was referring to the MIRS-1 TG...d'oh! :oops:

jnez367

Premium Subscriber
Ah, good, glad you got it sorted out! Unfortunately I don't believe that Sentinel does automatically enable all service tags, even if they are in a favorites list. I can't swear to that, I avoid Sentinel as much as possible.

PS - @K2NEC my bad, turns out you were correct, he was referring to the MIRS-1 TG...d'oh! :oops:
I can confirm it did not enable Interop and Law Multi-talk. Based on my favorites list, I needed both enabled.

Wish I could do without Sentinel but I would not have the slightest idea how to program systems manually.

Thanks again to all. Stay well!

Status
Not open for further replies.