Morris County MIRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomn2tsr

Feed Provider
I just purchased a PRO-2096 and I THINK I have it programmed properly for the MIRS system, but, I am not hearing any audio. I'm new to trying to monitor digital trunked systems, but, I think I understand things - I'm just not sure that I understand things.

How often should I hear transmissions during the day? I've been listening for like 15 minutes and haven't heard a one.

But, sometimes, I see the scanner will stop scanning, show some information on the display (33104 or 33808 see common), but there is no audio coming out of the speaker.

I can hear other transmissions on non-MIRS frequencies (like county fire band 46.42, etc), but, no audio on the MIRS channels.

I am in Kinnelon, so, maybe that's the problem? I have the antenna in the attic and I can receive pretty well, I think.

Tom

tomn2tsr

Feed Provider
I should also specify that if I stop on the control channel by hitting MAN, I hear the appropriate data sound and the display shows 8911which corresponds to what I see in the database, so, I am also thinking that it is NOT a signal strength issue.

tomn2tsr

Feed Provider
Yes, I did.

Which brings up another question.

Since there are two listings in the RR database for the Base, Spacing and Offset, and I think I need to enter both, I think those two items have to be entered into two banks?

As such, do I need to enter all of the control channels in both banks also?

RocketNJ

You need to set up both sets of base, offset, step in a single bank. Also only enter the freqs from zone 2 (north).

I'm not familiar with the 2096 so cannot help you any further.

tomn2tsr

Feed Provider
OK, I think I am figuring it out now. I will post more once I figure it all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.