Morris County NAC codes for Astro 25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

emtnj437

Deactivated
Banned
Does anyone know the NAC codes for the Morris County MIRS system? I am currently using F7E to decode all the digital transmissions, however that is not usefull when I just want to monitor certain talk groups. Does anyone have the specific NAC codes for monitoring the Astro Talk Groups for Zone 1 and Zone 4. Specifically would like to listen to EMS-2, FD-5 and MUN PD4.

001 (1) Zone 1 - Chester, Randolph, Dover, Netcong, & Morristown Tower

Z1- South Simulcast

476.55000c

476.62500c

477.00000c

477.87500c

004 (4) Zone 4 - Chatham Tower

Z4 East IR

477.70000c

478.65000c

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Looking at the Morris County database page.
System ID: 8911
Connect Tone: 116.13 = 5 from the chart.
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=1319

Should be using NAC 115

P25 Network Access Codes (NACs)
To determine the NAC for a P25 voice-capable Motorola trunked system:

1. Start with the system ID in hexadecimal format.
2. Take the right side (lower) two hex digits.
3. Add the connect tone index number to right side (see list on the wiki page).
4. You now have a 3-digit hex NAC.

For example, if the system ID is 8911 and the connect tone is 116.13, then we take "11" from the system ID and append "5" for the connect tone index, giving us a NAC of 115.
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Motorola#Connect_Tones

RocketNJ

Just curious as to how you are going to try and just monitor certain talkgroups? You either need a digital trunk tracker scanner or a legit radio with the proper options and programming.

I'd suggest you sell the XTS2500 you bought and invest in a scanner.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
There is a way to do it. Batlabs has it documented. In a nut shell, you have to scan all the voice channels for each talkgroup you want to listen to and tie it to the talkgroup it. So if you want to listen to 3 talkgroups, you have to have the voice channels in 3 times. It eats up space in the radio real quick, but it works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

emtnj437

Deactivated
Banned
Mtn Biker was the ONLY one to ACTUALLY answer my Question. Thank you. I don't need a scanner or want a scanner, I have an XTS-2500 and that was the reason for my post. If you don't have the answer, then why say anything. I know a scanner is the best way, but you can strap the radio to the conventional side of the radio. Like someone posted, BatLabs has the information on how to do it.

Thanks for the information that I never got other then from Mtn Biker.!!!

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Won't you still hear everything unless you enter in the talkgroups in conventional mode?

W2SJW

Database Admin
Mtn Biker was the ONLY one to ACTUALLY answer my Question. Thank you. I don't need a scanner or want a scanner, I have an XTS-2500 and that was the reason for my post. If you don't have the answer, then why say anything. I know a scanner is the best way, but you can strap the radio to the conventional side of the radio. Like someone posted, BatLabs has the information on how to do it.

I beg to differ - I gave you the same info as he did, only via PM, and also summarized the more in-depth info that was given by the other guys here as well...

[/pedant off] :wink:

RocketNJ

You missed my point. While the procedure will work, you will NOT be able to scan PD, FD, and EMS at the same time due to being limited to 15 scan list members on the XTS2500. There are 12 voice channels between zones 1 & 4 and 3 talkgroups you want to monitor. 12 x 3 = 36 channels you would need to scan.

You might also want to be careful when trying to get your radio upgraded and programmed on the Morris system. It set off red flags with the system manager!

Status
Not open for further replies.