Morris County, New Jersey wrong frequecies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I was looking at the frequency database for Morris County New Jersey and saw that some of the frequecies were listed in the wrong place or mixed up. For example 45.34 isused for Boonton Fire Department. That is their channel 2. Also now that Mt. Lakes and Boonton Twp. have switched to the county dispatch, they need to take it off the list.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Submit the changes you know of to the database team, they will fix them. Use the blue 'submit' tab at the top of the page, and follow the prompts 73 Mike

RocketNJ

Actually Boonton Twp and Mountain Lks still page out on 46.42 PL 186.2. THey use the trunked system for response. Fireground is still conventional.

RocketNJ

Edacs vs Motorola.

The Morris system is a SmartZone system which in essence is 4 trunked systems rolled into one (4 different zones). The system does not support two tone paging over the trunked system.

SCPD

QRT
Edacs vs Motorola.

The Morris system is a SmartZone system which in essence is 4 trunked systems rolled into one (4 different zones). The system does not support two tone paging over the trunked system.

Okay. I am familiar with Smartzone, it was the paging I was not.

Thanks,

RocketNJ

It's more a limitation of the Centracom Elite console. It cannot be directed to page out on a specific talkgroup. And no one makes trunking pagers.

The county has an application pending in the FCC for a county wide UHF paging frequency. I haven't seen any change in the status in over a month. It would make sense to get the agencies they dispatch for all over to UHF for paging, ops, and fireground.

I think on the West orange system they may have connected the paging channel interface on the console directly to one of the trunked EDACS channels.

SCPD

QRT
It's more a limitation of the Centracom Elite console. It cannot be directed to page out on a specific talkgroup. And no one makes trunking pagers.

The county has an application pending in the FCC for a county wide UHF paging frequency. I haven't seen any change in the status in over a month. It would make sense to get the agencies they dispatch for all over to UHF for paging, ops, and fireground.

I think on the West orange system they may have connected the paging channel interface on the console directly to one of the trunked EDACS channels.

A TG or an actual frequency? I'll have to monitor a little closer when I hear a page go out. If i'm not mistaken I think Verona does this too.

RocketNJ

I am not familiar with EDACS to tell you how i works.

On the Motorola system the talkgroup or ATG will be arbitrarily assigned to different frequencies and if the trunked system has enough channels the conventional pager cannot follow the channel assignment (2 channel scan at best). Sub band restricting a channel and talkgroup would work for paging on the Motorola system but you would lose that channel for normal voice traffic.

I have seen LTR systems configured where the console paging channel is connected to the tone remote input on one of the LTR repeaters. The repeater is set to lowest priority for assignment in the LTR system. That configuration actually works well.

SCPD

QRT

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/ApplicationSearch/applMain.jsp?applID=4513986&__newWindow=false

SCPD

QRT
I thought maybe the new Paging Frequency would be approved by now. It's been over a year now.

Status
Not open for further replies.