Morris County, NJ Frequencies I listen too. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I have a "broken antenna" Radio Shack Pro-2018 and will be getting a Pro-2054 shortly. I currently monitor the following:

Boonton Police
Boonton Twp./Mt.Lakes Police
Boonton Fire Department
Boonton Kiwanis First-Aid Squad
Denville Fire/EMS
Denville Police
Rockaway Police
Rockaway Fire/EMS
MICU/Paramedics (Medic 52)
Netcong Fire/EMS

Anything else I should listen too? Anything else interesting. Perferably from Morris County, NJ

xpawel15x

It's totally up to you what you want to monitor, you don't have to list what agencies you monitor on the forum :roll:

You used the wrong "too" btw. It should be "to" with one O. :cool:

DJ88

It's totally up to you what you want to monitor, you don't have to list what agencies you monitor on the forum :roll:

If I read his post correctly, he was asking for some thoughts from any of the members from that area if there was anything else, other than what he monitors now, that provide interesting listening, which is probably why he listed what he monitors. Just a simple request, which, I believe, is one of the purposes of this forum.

MrRevesz

Premium Subscriber
I can guarantee you if you listened to County Wide Frequencies for Sheriff, SPEN, the JV Detention, and Possibly the Fire Link, that would be good. Also program all the CENCOM (Atlantic Health Systems) in and listen to those.... You'll hear a lot of fun stuff, and will always be something on there

Sybex7254

Morris Co Sheriff main operations are on the County TRS. Sheriff Jail and Court frequencies are active but you need to be in close proximity to the jail or courthouse in order to hear them. I've never heard a peep from the JV Detention frequency posted.

SPEN 1 isn't used as much within Morris county anymore. They primarily use the MIRS talkgroup on the TRS to contact another department instead - unless of course it's a BOLO to surrounding towns outside the county. Probably still worth programming however.

SCPD

QRT

If I read his post correctly, he was asking for some thoughts from any of the members from that area if there was anything else, other than what he monitors now, that provide interesting listening, which is probably why he listed what he monitors. Just a simple request, which, I believe, is one of the purposes of this forum.

Thanks! That is what I mean.

SCPD

QRT
I can guarantee you if you listened to County Wide Frequencies for Sheriff, SPEN, the JV Detention, and Possibly the Fire Link, that would be good. Also program all the CENCOM (Atlantic Health Systems) in and listen to those.... You'll hear a lot of fun stuff, and will always be something on there

Thanks!

jaymatt1978

I would always program SPEN and the ITAC/VTAC/]UTAC channels into your scanner even if it isn't used in Morris County, it is always good to have in your radio.

SPEN 1 isn't used as much within Morris county anymore. They primarily use the MIRS talkgroup on the TRS to contact another department instead - unless of course it's a BOLO to surrounding towns outside the county. Probably still worth programming however.

Status
Not open for further replies.