Morris County NJ MIRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhtierney

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this as I'm new, but I'm looking for help with Morris County MIRS. I understand the technology and how the system "works", however can't program my Uniden XT to decode it. Any advice or a code plug for my scanner would be helpful.

Thanks!
KC2HQV

joej67

Premium Subscriber
You need to get the Butelsoftware. com for you xt.I bought several other software and they did not work. The Butel did.Let me know.

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Butel

You need to get the Butelsoftware. com for you xt.I bought several other software and they did not work. The Butel did.Let me know.

I also agree with JoeJ67 ...Butel works great...

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Band plan correct ?

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this as I'm new, but I'm looking for help with Morris County MIRS. I understand the technology and how the system "works", however can't program my Uniden XT to decode it. Any advice or a code plug for my scanner would be helpful.

Thanks!
KC2HQV

Just a quick question did you program the band plan correct? just a suggestion ...here is how it should look

Band Plan 1=Lower Base 471.0000 Upper base 472.7375 spacing 12.5 offset 380
Band Plan 2=Lower Base 476.0000 Upper base 478.9875 spacing 12.5 offset 520

cgresq192

Is there a way to program monitor the townships individually?
For example I see MUN PD 2 - Boonton Township, Dover, Mountain Lakes, Rockaway Borough, Wharton

SCPD

QRT
No. Those towns are all using the same talk group. The system admin would have to create a talk group for each town, which would defeat the purpose of grouping the towns by geographic location and inter-op. One town's officer's wouldn't hear what's going on in a surrounding town.

For myself, after listening for awhile I am able to memorize what town is on what talk group. Boonton Twp. is now on PD 6 along with Randolph and Mtn. Lakes.

Last edited:

Pursuit

Some reason the link i posted does not seem to be working but anyway here is the info

13 cars - Harding Township
14 cars - Jefferson Township
18 cars - Mendham Borough
19 cars - Mendham Township
22 cars - Morris Township
23 cars - Morris Plains Borough
24 cars - Morristown
25 cars - Mt Lakes Borough
26 cars - Mt Arlington Borough
28 cars - Netcong Borough
32 cars - Randolph Township
34 cars - Rockaway Borough
35 cars - Rockaway Township
36 cars - Roxbury Township
38 cars - Washington Township
39 cars - Wharton Borough
42 cars - Boonton Township
44 cars - Chatham Borough
45 cars - Chatham Township
46 cars - Chester Borough
47 cars - Chester Township
49 cars - Dover Town

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Just a quick question did you program the band plan correct? just a suggestion ...here is how it should look

Band Plan 1=Lower Base 471.0000 Upper base 472.7375 spacing 12.5 offset 380
Band Plan 2=Lower Base 476.0000 Upper base 478.9875 spacing 12.5 offset 520

So Morris County P25 needs a custom band plan? My girlfriend lives up that way, and I haven't had a chance to program it in my 996XT yet. Also the police car numbers and fire unit numbers should be listed in the Wiki, which looks like it was deleted in 2009. I did my best to restart it. If one of the experts wants to clean it up, please do. :)P

Last edited:

W2SJW

Database Admin
Morris County is not a P25 system, it's a Motorola Type-II UHF standard system with ASTRO talkgroups, which means it needs base & offset tables for ANY digital trunk-tracking scanner to follow it.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Morris County is not a P25 system, it's a Motorola Type-II UHF standard system with ASTRO talkgroups, which means it needs base & offset tables for ANY digital trunk-tracking scanner to follow it.

System voice is listed as analog and P25 in the database. So this means the talkgroups listed as digital are not, and are analog?

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=1319

Last edited:

W2SJW

Database Admin
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9930; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.362 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

The system is 99.9% digital - what I'm saying is that it's NOT a P25 system (not until some time next year). The base & offset tables are required to receive the system.

When it does go true P25-9600, the control channel will fill out the channel step tables in your scanner for you...

SCPD

QRT
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9930; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.362 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

The system is 99.9% digital - what I'm saying is that it's NOT a P25 system (not until some time next year). The base & offset tables are required to receive the system.

When it does go true P25-9600, the control channel will fill out the channel step tables in your scanner for you...

I think a good example of a true P25 system in the area would be Wayne Twp.'s Harris IP25 system. If you listen to Wayne and Morris Co. it's night and day as far as audio clarity. IMHO that's what Morris should have gone with from the beginning.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber

Okay, cool. But the 996 can receive it right now as is with the ASTRO talkgroups?

RocketNJ

Okay, cool. But the 996 can receive it right now as is with the ASTRO talkgroups?

Yes, look at Scott's FreeScan template. It should have all the programming info you need.
The system is a P16 system, which uses a 3600 buad control channel. You need to program the custom table as outlined above. The modulation should be set to auto.

RocketNJ

I think a good example of a true P25 system in the area would be Wayne Twp.'s Harris IP25 system. If you listen to Wayne and Morris Co. it's night and day as far as audio clarity. IMHO that's what Morris should have gone with from the beginning.

P25 did not exist back in 2001.

The newer firmware for the XTS series radios sound much better with the Astro decoding.

Status
Not open for further replies.