Morris County TRS P25 rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

08GMC4X4

While listening to MIRS TG 33808 there happened to be a lot of activity (foot pursuit). There were many different units responding but they weren't necessarily stepping on each other. I noticed that the transmissions were cutting in and out and noticed my p25 err get as high as 55. I have never seen it this high and it said auto 8 up to auto 12. My question is, does the p25 rate increase with activity on the system (like band with Per say). I have never seen it as high as 55 does this mean i have to change my p25 settings or is this normal? The audio was cutting in and out but I had full bars from the repeater. I even held on 33808 and turned off close call and pri scan. Any input would be appreciates

RocketNJ

Try a setting of 7. Where were you and what model scanner/antenna were you using?

Most likely you are not receiving the system strong enough to give you a lower bit error rate.

EMTLJB

You will not hear multiple units stepping on each other with Morris County's system. It will give the go-ahead to only one user at a time.

08GMC4X4

"but they weren't necessarily stepping on each other". I was just asking, does the uniden bcd396xt have a harder time decoding p25 as there are more radios on the system? Or is this irrelevant? I tried both the stock antenna and I also tried my 800mhz rs stubby antenna with no change. I was in Madison and was receiving the south simulcast site with full bars on the signal strength indicator .

Last edited:

08GMC4X4

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

A setting of 7 under the p25 adjust mode or p25 adjust level?

Status
Not open for further replies.