Morris Plains (Morris County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Hey guys...how about dropping a quarter...this has really gotten off topic. PM is your friend.

Or you could start a new thread about the old days of Morris County. Don't take this the wrong way...I'm not trying to be a prick, but you guys are really dating yourselves...

Don't you just hate this young sarcastic generation :)

Art112

Kec-223

I worked with Mark briefly then I think he went to Roxbury P.D. I graduated the academy in Morris County in 1982. I also remember Wharton, Dover and Minehill had there own dispatch channel. There was nothing high tech about the place- it was archaic back in the 70's. It was an interesting set up but not run real well and there was certainly no security. Anyway -happy thanksgiving to All on this forum.

Art/K2ADC

SCPD

QRT
Anybody find out if Morris County is Dispatching Morris Plains on 470.60 or the TRS. Today County was to take over the Dispatch.

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Chesters

Interesting. I'm wondering if County will just throw their existing frequencies into the console or if the agencies will switch to the MIRS TRS.

I'm guessing if they switch, Morris Plains will be on MUN PD 1 with the Mendhams, Harding, Boonton Twp and Mt. Lakes...

I don't know if Chester would go to MUN PD 1 or 2...I would think they would put Chester and Mendham on the same talkgroup since they border each other.

CHESTERS are already on The Trunk (MIRS) system MUN 1 Boro=46Cars ,Twp=47cars

mp531

Chesters are on MUNI 1 and I heard Morris Plains will be on the county MUNI 2 this week, (23 cars).

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Thank you EJM...that was a little more specific then dhollner posting "Morris Plains FD switched over to County as of today."

dhollner...not trying to bust your chops, but there were talks of the County dispatching Morris Plains on Morris Plain's frequency. We all just need a little more information.

Now, is Command on the MUN FIRE 1 or MUN FIRE 2 talkgroup on the TRS? Someone had posted previously that Morris Plains PD was going to be be on the MUN PD 2 talkgroup, so one would assume FD would go on MUN FIRE 2.

Has anyone heard the PD on the TRS or are they on their UHF channel talking to County?

Has Minuteman EMS come up on the MUN EMS talkgroup yet?

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Thank you Rocket.

So MUN FIRE 1 we have Boonton Township FD, Mountain Lakes FD, New Vernon FD, Chester FD, Mendham Twp Fire (Stations 17 and 19), Mendham Fire (Station 18) and Morris Plains.

MUN FIRE 2 we have Roxaway Boro (Station 34), Netcong FD (Station 28), Wharton FD (Station 39), Mine Hill FD, Mt Arlington FD (Station 36) .

MUN EMS we have Boonton-Kiwanis, New Vernon FAS, Chester FAS, Mendham Twp FAS, Mendham FAS, Rockaway Boro FAS, Netcong FAS, Wharton EMS, Mine Hill EMS and Minuteman FAS.

I think I got it....

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Rocket.

So MUN FIRE 1 we have Boonton Township FD, Mountain Lakes FD, New Vernon FD, Chester FD, Mendham Twp Fire (Stations 17 and 19), Mendham Fire (Station 18) and Morris Plains.

MUN FIRE 2 we have Roxaway Boro (Station 34), Netcong FD (Station 28), Wharton FD (Station 39), Mine Hill FD, Mt Arlington FD (Station 36) .

MUN EMS we have Boonton-Kiwanis, New Vernon FAS, Chester FAS, Mendham Twp FAS, Mendham FAS, Rockaway Boro FAS, Netcong FAS, Wharton EMS, Mine Hill EMS and Minuteman FAS.

I think I got it....

Time to break out another fire TG.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
They have 4 of them, just like they have 4 for PD but only use 2. EMS has two talkgroups as well. I'm suprised they haven't split them yet.

Corrected: (thanks F43F)
So MUN FIRE 1 we have Boonton Township FD, Mountain Lakes FD, New Vernon FD, Chester FD, Mendham Twp Fire (Stations 17 and 19), Mendham Fire (Station 18).

MUN FIRE 2 we have Roxaway Boro (Station 34), Netcong FD (Station 28), Wharton FD (Station 39), Mine Hill FD, Mt Arlington FD (Station 36) and Morris Plains (Station 23).

Status
Not open for further replies.