Morris Twp. - Search Operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Some type of search is underway as of 1809. NorthSTAR is enroute and Prosecutor's Major Crimes has been requested along with the Sheriff's Office K-9.

Comms are on MIPD-4 and CGLE COMM2. The area of the search is South St. and Sand Hill Rd.

SCPD

QRT
A body has been found in the rear yard of 16 Sand Hill Rd.

NJSP Aviation has been cancelled.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
There had been a call in the area for a "unstable female in the woods with a gun" in Morris Township earlier. Wonder if it was related.

rp287

I live on Sand Hill Road, but there has yet to be any public announced information by the Police or the town of Morristown about what actually happened. I am extremely interested in finding out what happened on Monday night. Frankly, despite assurances from the authorities, I won't feel safe until I know the nature of this incident. Any further information or details that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

This is what I know:
- Access to the surrounding streets was restricted until approximately 7pm, at which time the roads were reopened.
- The residents of 16 Sand Hill Road were not allowed to return home until 9:30pm.
- At 6pm there were approximately 15 police cruisers, a medical examiner, and a K-9 in the area of South Street and Sand Hill. At 7pm there were approximately 5 police cruisers at 16 Sand Hill Road; detectives were also seen at the residence. All police were gone by 9:30pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.