Morse Code on CDF Command 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingscup

Feed Provider
For the last day or so, I have been hearing morse code several times an hour on CDF Command 2. I am hearing it from SW Riverside county but I am thinking it is coming from MVU but I could be wrong. I have never heard morse code on a CDF Command channel in the past. Just wondering if anyone else is hearing it. For the premium subscribers, you can listen to it here on the Calls platform. 151.26500 (Fire Command 2) Group Calls - Live

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
In my area on the AEU Local Net repeater, the CWID Morse code comes through the repeater as well. For whatever reason, the CWID is being sent with the PL tone of the repeater instead of just CSQ.

W8KIC

Premium Subscriber
For the last day or so, I have been hearing morse code several times an hour on CDF Command 2. I am hearing it from SW Riverside county but I am thinking it is coming from MVU but I could be wrong. I have never heard morse code on a CDF Command channel in the past. Just wondering if anyone else is hearing it. For the premium subscribers, you can listen to it here on the Calls platform. 151.26500 (Fire Command 2) Group Calls - Live

The repeater call sign in CW ID’s as KE6TLT/R

Mike_G_D

Years ago, probably close to 10 or so, one of the CalFire repeaters was putting out amateur traffic - as I recall it was one of the more "racy" LA based 2 meter repeaters too so it certainly got noticed!

I could tell that there was another audio signal at lower volume mixed with the amateur traffic so I knew it was an intermod product.

I did some math and found the other signal that was mixing with the amateur signal to create the product landing right on the CalFire repeater input frequency. I can't recall whether the repeater had CSQ on the input or possibly the CTCSS protection was still getting "falsed" by the mixing product which probably included combo of the two interfering signals' CTCSS tones anyway.

The other signal was, if I recall correctly, some UHF business repeater.

Anywho, I posted about this on this forum and not too long thereafter the issue went away.

I need to dig around to find that old thread but, unless it was deleted, it should be here somewhere.

Of course this current issue may not be due to something similar but...??

Next time it happens, see if you can here another signals' audio at lower volume mixed in with the amateur signal - if you can here something like that it's a pretty sure thing that it's an intermod product.

Of course the other signal might not be analog so might be harder to discern if at very low level.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.