Morton’s Towing Clarksville MD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
So this is a long shot but would anyone know the frequency to Morton’s Towing ? They are located in Clarksburg and a few other places and I know they use DMR. Any help would be appreciated.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
They do not have a FCC license under that business name in Clarksville. Perhaps they operate on the Howard Communications system? It's not listed, but I suppose if you have a radio or SDR software capable of NXDN you could try monitoring that. If the company has Icom radios, that could help confirm it.

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
They do not have a FCC license under that business name in Clarksville. Perhaps they operate on the Howard Communications system? It's not listed, but I suppose if you have a radio or SDR software capable of NXDN you could try monitoring that. If the company has Icom radios, that could help confirm it.

I was thinking that, not sure of the radios but I can find out. Would NXDN be something I could monitor ?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Also checked the entire state for a license, nothing found. Morton's has three locations listed: Clarksburg and Rockville in Montgomery County, and Laurel, which could be PG, AACo or Howard, lol. There are a lot more commercial radio services in MC.

As far as the ability to monitor, IDK - business class radio doesn't interest me so I've never tried. For scanning radios, you can buy protocol upgrades to monitor DMR-type (NXDN, MotoTBRO) systems, but that's a potentially expensive experiment. Apparently DSD+ Fastlane can monitor at least one of these protocols, but it's outside of my experience so I really can't help.

Mr_Boh

Also know for a fact they use DMR with TRBO radios - I think they are on one of the area DMR systems. Meant to check myself. But they don't normally handle the St. Mary's area for regular business. I suspect doing a transport to there or from there back to the MoCo/Frederick/PG/Howard area.

Status
Not open for further replies.