Most Active NYPD Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico8458

Hello All:

based on your experiences which would you say is the most active NYPD frequency?

Rico8458

is that the warrent squad? I found CW 482.6625 very active earlier today too.

SCANdal

Silent Key
Most active? Depends on what you are listening for...

Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations 8458,

No; SOD is the Special Operations Division...the parent command for:

- Aviation Unit,
- Emergency Service Unit,
- Harbor Unit,
- Mounted Unit, and the
- Taxi Squad

That channel isn't just used by these units. It is also used by Department executives and other units from other divisions / bureaus that work closely with SOD units (i.e.: the Bomb Squad, Technical Assistance Response Unit - TARU, etc.).

The Warrant Squads (there are six: Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn North and South, Queens, and Staten Island) are part of the Fugitive Enforcement Division, not the Special Operations Division. Warrants does work closely with the SOD - specifically Emergency Service, when they need to execute a high risk warrant - so yes, it's possible that Warrants units might come up on the SOD channel.

As to 482.6625R...that is the Staten Island multicast for Citywide 1, the Inquiry / Data channel for Manhattan and Bronx field units (note that license plate and driver license checks are supposed to be conducted on Zone channels). CW1 is also used when major events happen (i.e. large parades, the Marathon, etc., etc.)

For the main Citywide 1 frequency - and a run down of most all public safety / public service frequencies in New York City, click around www.n2nov.net

SCANdal

Rico8458

Thanks , which would be the warrent squads freguencies for the Bronx? or the Fugitive Enforcement Divison frequency? i tried to connect my 246 to the computer using a serial connector, but computer cannot find scanner. where in the scanner menu can i change the com port? i dont have a USB for this device yet. trying to just use the cable that came in the box. i downloaded all files from uniden, installed the UASD. computer and scanner not readying each other. using slowest setting too. thanks for any help

maalox

SCANdal said:
Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations 8458,

No; SOD is the Special Operations Division...the parent command for:

- Aviation Unit,
- Emergency Service Unit,
- Harbor Unit,
- Mounted Unit, and the
- Taxi Squad

That channel isn't just used by these units. It is also used by Department executives and other units from other divisions / bureaus that work closely with SOD units (i.e.: the Bomb Squad, Technical Assistance Response Unit - TARU, etc.).

The Warrant Squads (there are six: Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn North and South, Queens, and Staten Island) are part of the Fugitive Enforcement Division, not the Special Operations Division. Warrants does work closely with the SOD - specifically Emergency Service, when they need to execute a high risk warrant - so yes, it's possible that Warrants units might come up on the SOD channel.

As to 482.6625R...that is the Staten Island multicast for Citywide 1, the Inquiry / Data channel for Manhattan and Bronx field units (note that license plate and driver license checks are supposed to be conducted on Zone channels). CW1 is also used when major events happen (i.e. large parades, the Marathon, etc., etc.)

For the main Citywide 1 frequency - and a run down of most all public safety / public service frequencies in New York City, click around www.n2nov.net

SCANdal
hello scandall. i am surprized you never wrote a book on scanner freqs.

Rico8458

copy that Blake. His knowledge is evident. I may have to purchase a USB cable rather than mess around with the com port cable since the installer for the drivers is a USB version software..

The busiest NYPD freq of all is 73-75 Precinct division (476.9875 MHz - Zone 22)

Covers East New York, Cypress Hills, City Line, Brownsville & New Lots in Brooklyn. The 75 is so big & so busy, its "split" up into 3 different zones (zones 1, 2 & 3) with their one captain responsible for each. These precincts are the ones where everything that you don't want it to happen, happens.

*Try listening to this frequency during July 4th & New Years, and you'll really see what I mean*

Rico8458

InspectahDeck718 said:
The busiest NYPD freq of all is 73-75 Precinct division (476.9875 MHz - Zone 22)

Covers East New York, Cypress Hills, City Line, Brownsville & New Lots in Brooklyn. The 75 is so big & so busy, its "split" up into 3 different zones (zones 1, 2 & 3) with their one captain responsible for each. These precincts are the ones where everything that you don't want it to happen, happens.

*Try listening to this frequency during July 4th & New Years, and you'll really see what I mean*

Thanks mate. appreciate the feedback and input.

maalox

InspectahDeck718 said:

yes i have to agree. but if any thing happens it will show up on sod. .quiet scandall lol

Status
Not open for further replies.